P.S. Nikki, it's still in GREAT condition and will be waiting for you to wear it to your Brad Paisley concert next week! It's pink and it lights up...what more could you ask for?
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Rockets and Pink Cowboy Hats
Let me preface this post by saying, I really hope that you all find the humor in this as I DID and don't find it offensive. On Saturday I was trying to get ready to go to my mother's ward's Super Saturday. Aaron had come into my bathroom and was getting into things and playing with them under my feet. I could see him playing with shampoo bottles and soap boxes but wasn't worried because I was right there. Pretty soon he finds a box of tampons. I didn't think he'd be able to open them, so I let him continue playing. He ended up getting one opened and right after he did, Alex came into the bathroom. He picks it up and asks what it is. I explained that it was a band aid for women. He was satisfied with that answer and I went back to getting ready, not realizing that he had taken it with him. A few minutes later Aiden comes racing into my bathroom saying, "I want a rocket too! Give me one too!" I ask him what on earth he is talking about, a rocket??? He says, "Alex showed me the rocket you gave him and I want one too." I tell Aiden, "I have no idea what you're talking about. Tell Alex to come here and show me his rocket." Soon Alex appears with the tampon and shows me how cool his "rocket launcher" is. He shoots the tissue part out over and over while Aiden is pestering me for one. I was laughing so hard and ended up giving Aiden one of his VERY OWN ROCKET launchers! And there you have it, all of us women have rocket launchers hiding under our bathroom sinks. Who knew? Those boys played with the tampons for a good hour before they finally broke. Cheap toys.

This week is "spirit week" at Alex's school. Monday was crazy hat day. Alex told me that he really wanted to wear a crazy hat to school. I told him that I didn't have one...and then I remembered this little wonder that Andy brought home from his trip to Nashville. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think Alex would actually wear a PINK hat to school. But HE DID! He was excited about it! I kept waiting for him to tell me he was kidding, but it didn't happen! When I picked him up from school I asked him how it went. He said, "Most kids liked my hat, especially the girls. They mostly liked that it lit up. But some boys from another class were making fun of me. I walked up to them and told them that they better knock it off or else." And that was the end of that. And I thought we'd never get our money's worth out of that hat! This picture is PRICELESS! His future wife is going to LOVE me!
P.S. Nikki, it's still in GREAT condition and will be waiting for you to wear it to your Brad Paisley concert next week! It's pink and it lights up...what more could you ask for?
Aaron wanted his turn with the fabulous pink hat.
Just some random pics: Aaron playing hockey. He LOVES hockey!
Pretending to listen to tunes. (They weren't hooked up to anything).
Cute Brady playing in the bucket. I couldn't believe the kids could fit in here!
Mandy and I went searching for Aaron and Brady. We found them in this little cubby hole under the desk in the boys room having a grand 'ol time speaking jibberish to one another. So cute!
P.S. Nikki, it's still in GREAT condition and will be waiting for you to wear it to your Brad Paisley concert next week! It's pink and it lights up...what more could you ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's awesome! You could totally have a rocket party and just pull out a box of tampons:) We used to alway call them rockets and launch pads in H.S. So Alex is just down with the sayings.
Awesome! rockets!that is an awesome story!
It was so great to see you at Super Saturday! Your boys are to die for! I love the rockets...what will they think of next? And I love that Alex is so confident with his masculinity that he COULD sport a hat like that! Way to go buddy!
Those are great pics for blackmail when he's older. Seriously, at 16..is he gonna want you showing pics of his "Rocket" to any friends? And the hat! Too cute!
Awesome!!! My kids shot one up on the ceiling fan once, so when I got home later that day, there it was, swinging round and round. Marty thought it was so funny that he just left it for me to see:) love little boys!
Post a Comment