Sunday, August 9, 2009

Preschool Fun and First Grade

Here is my big first grader! The jury is still out on whether or not he likes first grade. He isn't in class with one of his best buddies, Alex, this year. That has been hard for him. AND another thing he says he doesn't like is that they don't give prizes in first grade. His K teacher was one of those VERY special people who was just BORN to teach. She made Alex feel so special all the time. He keeps asking me why he can't have Mrs. O'Brien as his teacher anymore. Hopefully he decides SOON that first grade is OK! He is a typical BOY when it comes to expressing his feelings. I don't get much information out of him when I ask him about school. I think I'm going to miss having Alex B in his class too! He was Crystal and my source of information for all things Kindergarten since I could never get anything out of my Alex!!! :)
I don't know why, but Aaron just loves this hat! He is constantly putting it on and wearing it around the house. Arrrrrgh! Aaron loves to pose for the camera and say "EEeeeeese" now.

Since Alex has gone to school this is Aiden and Aaron's favorite past time. They push their wagon/walker all over the house. This is good practice for Aaron who STILL isn't completely walking. He walks when he chooses to, and NO other time. He certainly has a mind of his own. Look! Together they make up one outfit. See...I do dress my children!

This past year I have been part of an ABC school for Aiden. Thanks to Nikki for organizing it and to all the other ladies who took turns teaching the kids. I know Aiden ALWAYS looked forward to Thursdays and seeing his friends. He grew up a lot and learned how to behave in a school setting. I enjoyed all the kids when it was my turn to teach. I also enjoyed getting to know the other moms a little bit better. We sure have some special little ones!!! These are pictures of their last field trip together to a chocolate factory in Glendale. As Aiden ventures off to a new preschool in a week I know that he will miss the ABC school and all of his friends.

I had to add this picture. It cracks me up that Alex just HAD to be in it. He looks SO BIG!
Making their chocolate pizzas. I think that I ate most of Alex and Aiden's chocolate pizzas myself! :)

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Amie...Looking at your blog makes me miss you so much!
yea for school! Jayden starts tomorrow. I'm so excited. Its a bit different here. They start at 9 and end at 3:30. Crazy!
Anyway, I really miss seeing you at the gym. I go to GOLDS now and it totally sucks compared to LIFETIME!

andreamatrix said...

What a surprise to open our Friend and see Alex & Andy. Made for a fun FHE tonight!

:) said...

It was awesome to see Alex and Andy in the friend!! What an awesome thing for Alex to have and do! You have an amazing family Amie!