I have to take back something that I posted back in December. I stated that Hot Wheel cars WILL flush without problem down the toilet. I TAKE IT BACK! It must depend on the SIZE of the Hot Wheel car flushed down the toilet. SOME WILL IN FACT CLOG and BREAK your toilet! Just thought all you moms of boys out there ought to know! Here is a pic of the plumber getting ready to install our new $300 toilet! We bought one with a larger flush hole JUST IN CASE Aiden is so inclined to flush another one down. Although, we put the fear of eternity in time out in him so he'd never do it again! :)
Friday, July 24, 2009
Summer Fun
We have had a great and busy summer with LOTS of swimming, playing with the hose, play dates with cousins and friends, art classes, playing at the gym, conquering Lego Star Wars on the Playstation and discovering the most awesome show ever (according to the boys), The Magic School Bus. We have also had some interesting moments as well....enjoy some pictures!

The boys LOVE summertime because they get to have their baths outside with the hose.

I have to take back something that I posted back in December. I stated that Hot Wheel cars WILL flush without problem down the toilet. I TAKE IT BACK! It must depend on the SIZE of the Hot Wheel car flushed down the toilet. SOME WILL IN FACT CLOG and BREAK your toilet! Just thought all you moms of boys out there ought to know! Here is a pic of the plumber getting ready to install our new $300 toilet! We bought one with a larger flush hole JUST IN CASE Aiden is so inclined to flush another one down. Although, we put the fear of eternity in time out in him so he'd never do it again! :)
Our poor exploding, broken toilet with a nice yellow Hot Wheel car lodged somewhere inside.
One night I was cleaning out the refrigerator and I had some grapes on the counter that I was going to throw away. Alex snatched them up and told me not to throw them away. He then showed Aiden how to make cars and caterpillars and all sorts of things with them. Alex can be so creative! Save your grapes ladies!!! The grape fun lasted about an hour! :) I had the whole kitchen clean before they were even done playing!
Here is Alex with this porcupine.
We were supposed to spend the fourth of July watching beautiful fire works over Vallecito Lake at "the Cabin" in Colorado. However, I forgot to mention in my Colorado posting that two days before we were supposed to leave to come back home a deer jetted out of the woods and SLAMMED right into the drivers side of the van. Andy didn't even have time to react (we were going about 60 m.p.h.). The poor deer is no longer. See the below picture of our van to see just how hard this deer hit us. The kids were terrified. We came home early to try to get it fixed. But, DUH! There were no body shops open on the Fourth of July! So, we sweated it all out with everyone else down at the Goodyear Ballpark. We did end up having a great time anyway!
Andy can be so silly! Aaron thought so too...
Watching fire works...I don't know what's up with Aiden's pirate face. Arrrrrgh!
Alex had to watch the fireworks drenched because he decided to play on jumpee water slides. Here are MY BOYS (I love saying that!) getting ready for fireworks!!!


That poor deer did quite a bit of damage to the van. The drivers side door barely opens.

Andy made this cool maze with our long grass after we got back from a week in Colorado. The kids had so much fun pushing their wagons and scooters through it. I know where Alex gets his creativity from...his Daddy!
More bathing with the hose...
Aaron's stinker face. I love it! He's growing up so fast and it's making me so sad!!! He is starting to talk and says ball, ba-ball (basketball) and BuhBab (spongebob...we don't ever hardly watch that...I don't know why he learned to say it!), go! go! (when he plays cars with Aiden), uh uh (his version of no) and bubble.
Aiden with his silliness.
Here is Aiden getting used to seeing things! He doesn't really like to wear his glasses. I find them set down all over the house. We're working on it...
I have to take back something that I posted back in December. I stated that Hot Wheel cars WILL flush without problem down the toilet. I TAKE IT BACK! It must depend on the SIZE of the Hot Wheel car flushed down the toilet. SOME WILL IN FACT CLOG and BREAK your toilet! Just thought all you moms of boys out there ought to know! Here is a pic of the plumber getting ready to install our new $300 toilet! We bought one with a larger flush hole JUST IN CASE Aiden is so inclined to flush another one down. Although, we put the fear of eternity in time out in him so he'd never do it again! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So cute! Looks like so much fun. I wish I could bathe in the hose, what a time saver. We've had plenty of bathtub swimming this year because of the early monsoons, it wasn't as much fun as the hose was I'm sure! Love the grass maze, I'm going to try to do that with ours!
Looks so fun!
One year my older brother mowed WELCOME into our front lawn! Andy's little design brought back memories!
Fun post! I meant to tell you that apparently my mom got glasses later in life and had a similar "everything looks different" experience. When I told her about Aiden, she said to have him put on his glasses and set the timer for an hour. Tell him he has to wear them until he hears the beep. After a while, increase the time and hopefully he'll learn that the things he sees during that time is worth the weirdness and eventually he won't even notice it as weird anymore. Just a suggestion!
Collin also likes to flush cars down the toilet. I can relate to the pictures you took. For awhile, at our house we unhooked the chain from the flush handle so Collin could not flush toys down the toilet. I could not take having to play plumber everyday. :)
Love the pics! I can't believe that you had to get a new toilet..I totally believed you when you said in December that they DO flush! That's crazy about the deer and your poor van..if its not one thing, its another.
I meant to ask you. Have you guys tried the other Lego games? We have them all, they're all so much fun. The girls really like the batman one, Indiana Jones is fun too! I hear there is a rumor of a new one coming out.If you don't have them all, let me know, I'll mail you some to borrow, no due dates or late fees :)
Looks like a great Summer! That maze is AWESOME! What a great Dad!
I love the grass maze. You guys do the funnest things for your kids! Your poor car! You poor toilet! There is never a dull moment at your house :) I"m glad you are having a fun summer!
Post a Comment