Sunday, July 5, 2009

Colorado - Day 6

Messy, messy. Eating spaghetti before we head out for our long 8 hour drive home.

These two grew so close over our week stay. It was so fun to watch them get into games together, in trouble together, dirty together, picking dandelions, racing each other down and up hills, jumping across beds, building race tracks up the stairs, gathering fire wood, chucking rocks, and looking for all sorts of bugs on walks. I am so thankful for this dream of Andy's. Our little family grew so close over our week to the wonderful CABIN.

As a complete side note: Being the only female on this trip, I will NEVER understand the NEED for boys to throw rocks off of and into stuff. It must be a y chromosome thing. I would have to sit for like an hour at a time so that my boys could THROW ROCKS into the lake or off a cliff or etc., etc., etc. Even Andy couldn't help himself...they all have a NEED to chuck rocks. I guess I should learn to like it...these boys are stuck with me. :)

1 comment:

CD Black said...

What fun! I hope that your Alex always remembers that great trip. I would love to have a vacation with the boys, away where it is cool and there is no television! A cabin looks like a pretty good investment.