Warning: Read no further if you are easily grossed out!
I know that, while this story is gross, it really does give a small glimpse into the charmed life that I lead as a mother of all boys. I know I'll want to look back over all my posts when my kids are grown up and laugh at the crazy days we spent together.
One day Aiden came to me and said, "Mom, I just put a marble in my bum." I said, "You did WHAT???" "I put a marble in my bum," he repeats calmly. "Well I sure hope it comes out easily," I tell him. "Because otherwise I'm going to have to take you to the hospital and they're going to have to take it out." "No, mom, I can get it out." (I was a bit panicked because I assumed that the only way it was going to come out was if he pooped it out. And he had already pooped that day.) I asked him how he was going to get it out and he said, "Follow me." He proceeded to take me into the bathroom and he climbed up on the toilet and started pushing. I think by this point he was a bit panicked about it too because I mentioned the hopital. So, he's sitting there grunting, and I'm ranting and raving about what a "not-so-good" a.k.a. "dumb" idea it was to stick a marble up his bum. As I start to walk out of the bathroom I hear a high pitched "PUH-DING!" I whip around and sure enough, Aiden was successful in SHOOTING out a marble bee-bee gun style from his bum. His eyes grow so wide and excited as he screams for Alex to come here and see what he's done! At this time I flush the marble as quick as I can to avoid the excitement and giggles and FURTHER IDEAS that little marble is going to bring. Then I run into the kitchen to hide the bag of marbles until a later date, WAY DOWN THE ROAD. I certainly don't need more marble shooting little boys running around my house. I'll never forget the sound a marble makes when it collides with porcelain. Such a treasure for me to carry around in my memory box.
3 comments:
LOL, I can honestly say my girls have never done that! That's too funny!! Kids can sure keep you on your toes! Good job staying calm.
hilarious!!!
Colorado looked like a great relaxing trip for all! And that marble story..great stuff!
Post a Comment