Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ashten and Seven Months



(Ashten wanted pizza SO bad, and because he doesn't eat much of anything else solid, we gave him is first slice!)


I honestly can never remember what I reported in the month before! We are STILL struggling with ear infections. We now have our referral and will be seeing the Ear, Nose and Throat specialist to decide if this kid needs tubes put in. I don't know how I feel about that. I want this to end...but I can't picture myself handing over my little baby for surgery. This little guy sure does TRY to be happy...I can tell there's a happy go lucky baby in there somewhere. I just can't seem to keep him healthy. ANY sort of tiny cold brings on another ear infection. I'm trying to enjoy my last baby, but it's hard not wishing he'd just be two already so the infections would most likely stop!

Ashten can sit like a champ now and loves to pull toys out of his bin one at a time. He seems to really adore Aaron and Aaron adores him. I can see that a couple years from now they are going to be great buddies. Ashten is so incredibly ticklish and Aaron loves to take advantage of that! How I love to sit back and listen to those deep baby belly laughs! Ashten still isn't a big eater, but we think it has to do with his constant ear infections. I took him into the doctor today and he is 19lbs. 1 oz. Holy smokes that's tiny for a Wright baby! The only solid I can occasionally get him to eat these days are bananas.

AND THAT SMILE. It's worth every single bad night and every single day of grumpies and every doctors appointment. THAT SMILE brings nothin' but SUNSHINE into my life! I find it so cute that his "newness" hasn't worn off as far as the kids are concerned. I keep waiting for it to, but they still race into his room the minute they hear him awake. Aaron frequently beats me in there and climbs into the crib with Ashten...along with all sorts of toys. I love to stand at the door and listen to Aaron singing and talking to him. He gets him so excited and his legs just start moving like crazy! And when I change his diaper, Aaron and Aiden have to climb the changing table to be RIGHT next to him. They always want to know where he is and what he's doing. It is just adorable, I tell you! You know what else is adorable???!!! ...when Ashten babbles up a storm with is "da da da's". He loves to hear himself talk (he fits well into this family) and loves to "happy" scream. Tonight while watching Baby Einstein he started to dance. I thought it was a fluke, but when the faster music came on again, there he was swaying back and forth to it. Many home dance videos to come!

2 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

Awww what a cute post. I miss the baby days at our house. I'm glad you're enjoying them. James (my brother) had to have tubes. It was a relief for him. I'm sure they've come along way in that area as well. I was very hard for me to decide to get Alex eye surgery. She was just 21/2. Scariest thing ever ut very worth it. Good luck!

Mitch and Linda... said...

I love Alex's pink hat..we have one that looks about the same at our house! Tubes were a life saver for Marlee and totally worth the week of recovery, but Ashten is still so young?? He is adorable tho..just like those other Wright boys!