On May 26th, we had tubes put in his ears. It was so sad to hand him over to the anathesiologist. I started to cry and he assured me that he'd take care of my baby. The procedure was over quick. Ashten was hysterical when I went to get him in the recovery area. He fell asleep in the car and woke up when we picked up his brothers, (they aren't a very quiet bunch). Then he didn't sleep the rest of the DAY! He was just crabby. I felt ROBBED! The hospital said he's sleep all day. I thought I would get so much done! Oh well, I just feel SO BLESSED that he's so much happier and SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT now. I am so grateful for procedures like tubes that make a world of difference to these sweet babies. He doesn't have to endure painful ear infections any more! YAY! I can also tell that he hears so much better now because he jumps at loud sounds and cries when the kids yell. He's going to have to get use to hearing all that noise like the rest of us! ;)
In other news, he is done with baby food and is doing well feeding himself now. He still LOVES to nurse, which makes momma happy. Aid and Aaron gave up on me about this time. He loves to sway back and forth to music and is VERY good at his blood curdling scream when someone takes a toy from him. OH BOY. Another fiesty one! He is easy to make laugh and smile. The kids are constantly trying to find ways to make him do his deep belly laughs. He loves water and SPLASHING. I've got to get better about remembering his ear plugs when we go swimming at the gym. At his nine month check up he was exactly 20 lbs. and was 28 inches. That TINY for a Wright boy! Both are in the 45 percentile. Not a single day goes by without Andy and I saying how grateful we are that the Lord told us there was another one. Ashten just completes our family, we simply adore him!
1 comment:
I'm so glad the tubes worked out! Too bad the day of surgery was so rough! I can't believe he's sooo big! Its time for me to get back to AZ!
Post a Comment