Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Kempsville Ward Youth Group

 Dodgeball
Andy gave a lesson on the Atonement and how our struggles can be released through it using a balloon object lesson.

Andy and I had the privilege of serving in youth callings during our time in Virginia. He was the Young Men's President and I taught the youth in Sunday School for 2 years. (until I was called as the Primary President). Those two years away from family and having a new adventure in Virginia were the biggest growing years of our marriage. I grew personally in so many ways, both spiritual and temporal. While I was terrified of teaching the youth initially, I grew to love those kids and to love the calling. It is amazing to me that the Lord knows what we each need to stretch us out of our comfort zones and change us into better people. I am certain Andy has written about his experiences in the family journal, so I won't presume to write about the things he learned while he was Young Men's President.

No comments: