The birthday morning "I just woke up" photo is always in order.
Baby brothers just HAVE to help unwrap presents.
I brought cupcakes into Aaron's Kindergarten class. It was so fun to see how absolutely LOVED Aaron is by all of his classmates. I could immediately tell he is the silly boy that makes everyone laugh. Here he is with cupcake all over his lips and his best friend, Gavino. I don't know if I got any pictures of a field trip that I went on with his class shortly after his birthday, so I will mention here that while on this field trip, I had 4 other mom's come up to me and say, "Are you Aaron's mom?" After answering in the affirmative, they would say, "Oh, my daughter has the biggest crush on him. He is all she talks about at the end of the school day." Oh my. We are going to have our hands full with this kid. Another quick story is in order here. When we first moved into the Kempsville Ward in Virginia, and Aaron was 3, every 5th Sunday "Sister Friendly" would come in to teach the kids sharing time. She confessed to me that on one Sunday that she was teaching, she looked at him and he WINKED at her. I laughed so hard when she told me this! It is so typical Aaron! He is always the kid that people immediately adore when meeting our family. He is so friendly and outgoing. One thing I will also mention is that right at 6.5 years old Aaron developed this high anxiety for leaving my side. He wouldn't even go over to his best friend's (from church) house, even though he done it a million times. It took months and months for him to somewhat get over this fear. We still face it every morning before school. When asked where the fear came from, he said he had a dream that I left and didn't come back. I am eager for my outgoing boy to make a come back!
For his birthday, Aaron wanted to go to a trampoline place called Cloud 9. We took his best friend Brady and his brother Jaeden. The kids loved it!
I am so glad I snapped this picture, as I am blogging about this experience a year later and I would have forgotten about it! Even though Ashten loves our trampoline at home, he was terrified of this room full of trampolines. Every time I tried to put him down he would cling to my neck and cry. It took about a half hour of jumping with him in my arms for him to realize how fun it was. After that, he jumped down and never looked back. He was all over the place!
Enjoying ice cream cake in our brand new kitchen with the Sanchez family.
No comments:
Post a Comment