Monday, October 10, 2016

Christmas 2014

 Our last Christmas in Virginia. We made good use of the fireplace and enjoyed every minute of it! The beginning pictures are our traditional "let's see how much you've grown up since last year" pictures. The kids and I had so much fun decorating the tree. It's gets a little crazy with four excited boys!




 A sweet family in the ward, The Brimhalls, bought gifts for all the kids. They dropped them off  Santa style in this huge bag.



 Oma, Opa and Anika came to see us at the end of November, beginning December. We took them to see the Christmas lights at Oceanfront beach. It rained most of the time. But we didn't mind...we were all snuggly inside the van driving on the boardwalk.





 While playing outside the kids found a frog. They were over the moon excited about it!

 All huddled around the package that Nana sent.
 I put so much time and effort into making each kid a gingerbread house to decorate. Within about five minutes of decorating, they all found destruction to be more fun than decorating. So, they bashed in their houses and laughed all the while. I was so upset with them! I told them that I was never going to do this for them again and stormed away. Then the Spirit worked on me. It said, "Was not the point of decorating houses to have fun? Well, they certainly had it...just differently than you had planned. Go back and watch them enjoy." So I did. And they loved it! :)

 Just before demolition time...



 Ashten and Daddy worked hard on painting doors on Christmas Eve. By this time we knew that we were moving back to Arizona for Andy's new job at Fun Factory. Even though it was Christmas Eve, we had to work hard to get all the painting done so that we could list our house for sale in January.



 They at least finished decorating one house...
 The mantel I had wanted for my whole life!  I so enjoyed decorating it!
 It was a ramp for their bikes and scooters.




 Merry Christmas morning!







No comments: