
Last Monday I got this crazy idea in my head that I wanted to take the kids to Disneyland. I asked Andy what he thought about it and he said he thought it was a great idea. Trust me, I don't think I've ever done anything spontaneous in all my life! It's so unlike me! I called up my mom (Andy couldn't go) and asked her if she wanted to come to Disneyland with us. She accepted and my brother, Nick, who was home for Spring Break from
NAU wanted to come and Seth and Keaton wanted to join us as well. What a random group! So, we packed our bags and left on Tuesday! We had an absolute blast!!! Mostly good times were had...this CLUELESS mommy let Alex ride Indiana Jones with the boys and he cried the entire wait in line and throughout the ride. He was traumatized by it for hours. It had been years since I had been on that ride...and I never rode it looking through the eyes of a child. When Mom and I rode it later I was like, "WHAT on EARTH was I THINKING?!!!" Poor Alex. Then I accidentally did the same thing to
Aiden. Anyone ever been on the Alice In Wonderland ride? Land sakes!!! What a CREEPY RIDE! What were those Disney people thinking? That ruined it for
Aiden. He refused to ride anything after that. Thank heavens we rode that on day two! I forced him to ride Peter Pan as he kicked and screamed when I put him on it. Is that mean? I just wanted him to see that not all of the rides were like wacko Alice In Wonderland. He did end up loving Peter Pan...ask him about it! Aaron didn't care for any of the rides besides It's a Small World." All the loud music scared him to death!
Goodness...I've made it sound like it wasn't it a good trip! We did have a ton of fun. Alex is at that perfect age where he enjoys the big people rides as well as the little people ones. Thanks to
switch passes, I got to ride TWO
roller coasters!
WHOOOO WOOOOO! I am a roller coaster lover and it made me so giddy! Alex's favorite ride ended up being "Buzz
Lightyear" and
Aiden's was Peter Pan. Aaron just plain didn't care as long as he had a lollipop in his hand! We got home at 1 a.m. on Friday morning. Boy were we tired! Especially mommy who drove the whole way home! Thank heavens for dance music, Rascal
Flatts and Diet Coke! And also my dear mother who prodded me to talk her ears off the whole way home! Thanks for keeping me awake mom! And I know...there are WAY too many pictures! Try to enjoy anyway!
Da Boyz!

The tired group at the end of two long Disneyland/California Adventure days, waiting for the bus.

Getting on the 3-D Toy Story ride.


At first Aaron wasn't too sure about It's a Small World...

Then he warmed up to it! He ended up clapping and dancing through some of it!

Heaven on earth for Alex...MAKE YOUR OWN LIGHT SABER! Truly an amazing moment in his life.

Look at that happy face! He got to pick all the colors and parts for his Darth Maul
lightsaber. He has taken it apart several times now and can put it all back together. The first time he did it, I tried to put it back together and could NOT figure it out to save my life! He took the parts from me and said, "Look mom. I'll show you." And he proceeded to put it together in a matter of seconds. It made me smile. Alex and mommy's brains work very differently! Some times it's a good thing and other times it presents some challenges! :)


Does this get ya singing? Is it stuck there for the rest of the day??? :)


My cute *single* returned missionary brother. Anyone know any single ladies???






This was the cute sign made out of licorice that Andy had waiting for us stuck to the garage wall when we pulled in at 1 a.m. He was up waiting for us even though he had to go to work the next morning!
Awww. He said the house was WAY TOO QUIET!
7 comments:
There are a lot of scary rides at Disneyland! Abree was 2 and a half when she first went on Alice and wonderland. And it was also her first naughty word. She was balwing when she came out with Dan and said, "I don't even like that stupid cat!" I didn't even repremand her, because it WAS a scary cat! I LOVE disneyland, but I think it's for a little bit older kids.
What a fun mom you are. I love to be spontaneous! I remember my mom pulling us out of school and taking us to D-land. Your kids will never forget it!
AWESOME, you definitely win the Mom of the year award!! Looks like a great time! I love all the pictures.
You're an awesome mom!! It's fun to be spontaneous sometimes, isn't it?!! Looks like you all had a great time.
That looks like so much fun! One day we'll go to Disneyland. . . You are such a fun mom!
Fun! Indiana Jones scared Jayden too. In fact, his Indy room I was doing for him pretty much got put on hold after that..he's just not into it anymore. Alyssa was scared of Snow White. Tannon loved everything and SCREAMED when we got OFF the ride. Nice huh?
You totally rock for doing something spontaneous! yeah for Toy story ride too!
What a fun trip!! I love roller coasters too! Andy is so sweet to wait up for you. That's too cute!
How fun! I'm so jealous. You're a trooper Amie.... and those kids are lucky to have you for their mama. You look great too! How do you stay so thin after having 3 kids? Loved the pics!!
Post a Comment