Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Christmas Tree

Call me crazy, but we "decked the halls" the day before Thanksgiving! The kids were begging me to get the Christmas tree out and even though I knew I was violating the "NO Christmas stuff out until December" rule of Andy's...we DID IT ANYWAY! The kids stayed excited about decorating for as long as it took me to carry in the three large tree pieces and them to dump out the entire contents of ornaments from a large tupperware bin. Then all they wanted to do was throw ornaments at each other. So, I ended up decorating it BY MYSELF. I knew that would happen! ...I should have waited for December and Daddy! :) And yes, even though it is quite cold outside now, they refuse to be fully clothed unless it's Sunday. Sigh-
You'll notice there are no ornaments along the bottom of the tree. This is due to the fact that Aaron and Aiden kept sneaking into the tree room and throwing the ornaments at the walls. It took a couple of days of trial and error to see how high those two can reach. So there are only ornaments along the top two feet of tree. Someday I will be able to decorate my whole tree... with glass ornaments even! Ok, that someday is like 10 years away, but a girl can dream.


We have this problem every year! Every day I find more surprises in the tree. This day it happened to be a Hot Wheels track and car. Aiden was having a grand ol time with it! BOYS...

No comments: