Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Alex's 7th Birthday

This year we separated the family party from the friend party. We were pretty "partied out" when all was said and done...but it was nice to be able to focus on one grouping at a time. For the family party we borrowed a huge water slide from a friend (thanks Lacie!) and had everyone at our house. I think it's safe to say that the kids had a BLAST on the slide. Enjoy all the crazy pictures!
We just got a Wii, Alex was THRILLED to get games for it from everyone.

I think Lilee got sick of the boys "rough ways" on the water slide. She skipped out for some trampoline time.
Let's see how high we can JUMP onto the slide.

Alex can catch some good air. I think he probably jumped the highest of all of the boys. We were worried they were going to jump right out of there.
Aaron liked to stay on the "baby slide" as he called it. No need for speed today!

Aaron and his big cheeser smile.
Aiden

Brady - he's only two...but he's a daredevil! He was playing with the big boys.
The biggest kid of all...
Keaton...the picture says it all. He loved the water slide!

Kolby
Argh! Blogger refuses to let me delete one of these. Anyway, Andy started throwing HUGE buckets of water on the kids as they slid down. It became a game for them to try to dodge the water. This is Alex trying to get enough air time to avoid the splash.

When did he get so grown up??? Mama doesn't like it!
Aiden and Keaton

A view of the whole thing. Good times!
THE FRIEND PARTY AT Chuck-E-Cheese
Chase, Alex, Stan, Sylas, Alex, Alyssa (brave girl), and Aiden
Alex has recently gotten interested in Legos. He was so excited to get some from Alex for his birthday.

The Alex's!!!

I only post a picture of the cake to LAUGH! It was SO ghetto! I was frosting his cake literally minutes before we left the house. Usually I try to do something fun and adventurous...for some reason every thing seemed so busy and hectic this year. Sorry Alex...we'll make up for it next year! However, I will say that he could have cared less. It was cake. I LOVE having BOYS!!!

Playing games...
We gave each of the partiers 25 tokens each. They were all DONE within ten minutes and wanted more. YIKES! Then there was Aiden...taking his time...walking around to see what he wanted to play. I had to keep the kids away from him or they'd keep talking him out of his tokens! Seven year olds can be very persuasive! ;)



On Alex's REAL birthday we brought in cupcakes to his classroom. Aunt Anika watched the two younger ones (thank you!) so that mommy and daddy could take Alex out for a special birthday dinner all by himself. It was the first time we've ever done that. I think it's going to be a tradition. It was nice to have one on one time.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Alex! I miss you guys! I hope baby number 4 comes quick and easy! Been thinking about you!