Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School 2010

Aaron 2 yrs.
Aaron is VERY two as of late! "I do it" is a CONSTANT phrase coming out of his mouth. If you do something he doesn't like he says, "Not cool, (insert name here), not cool." He is CONSTANTLY talking. Sometimes we have to ask him to be quiet for just a few minutes. If he's in the car...he YAPPING. He points out all the car colors and asks all sorts of questions about scenery. We get such a kick out of his huge vocabulary! It is only somewhat quiet in this house if Aaron is sleeping! Speaking of sleeping, he still takes great naps. Sometimes he puts himself to bed. I love that he can sleep through all kinds of noise. He is working on potty training and is doing well if I let him run around naked. The other day I bought some new diapers without looking at the package. After we got them home and I opened them, we realized that they were purple with little hearts all over them. The look on his face was HILARIOUS! He said, "No, mom. I don't wear those. They purple!" What a BOY! It took a lot of convincing before he'd let me put them on. Hopefully we can move on to pull-ups soon! Sorry Aaron! Even though he's the youngest, he is one TOUGH kid. There isn't anything the older two do that he doesn't do right along side them. Climbing, punching, throwing, jumping, playing...you name it and he is in control of it. The other two forget how little he is frequently and treat him a bit too roughly. He'll have tears for all of two seconds and he's back in the game. Sometimes I can't believe how tough he is. Aiden better watch out...pay backs are going to be brutal! Aaron is a bruiser! There are times Aiden gets sick of Aaron being his little shadow, but they also play really well together most of the time. I'm glad Aiden will be home another year to give Aaron a buddy while I adjust to another little one. Aaron's favorite game to play is "Superman", where we tie blankets around our necks and RUN up and down the hallway. It's been interesting for mommy to run these past few weeks. He's always telling me to run faster! I'll bet he doesn't even remember the time before I was pregnant and could "run faster"! He also loves Hot Wheels, Monster Trucks and coloring (mostly on himself or the walls). He is a chatter box and at times drives us nuts because he never stops talking. He can be a real cuddle bug and mommy adores that.


Alex 7 yrs.
Alex after his first day of school. He gets to have the same teacher as last year because she moved up a grade! We LOVE Mrs. Iverson. Last year she really pushed Alex and he excelled more than I ever thought he could in one year. He was able to test into the gifted program for math. Because this is my family blog/journal...I get to brag a bit about him! He really floors me with his smarts on a daily basis. He rarely needs help with his homework and comes up with ideas that I never would have even thought of. Although he hates homework, and school (so he says) learning comes very easy for him. He is tested on the advanced spelling word list and never lets me practice with him. Yet, he comes home with 100% every week. He must get his brains from his father, because I can remember really having to study and try hard in school. His teacher is constantly telling me about the things that he comes up with in class and that she is so very impressed with him. She says he is the perfect student. Hmmmm, he must save all of his negative energy for home!!! No, he is really growing up and helps me ALOT with the younger two. He has brought me to tears many times as of late with his thoughtfulness towards me. We love to sit together after the other two are in bed and he brushes my hair while we talk. I'm training him well for his future wife!!! He seems very excited about his new baby brother that is about to join our family. (IF HE EVER DECIDES TO COME!!!). He has had a LOT of interesting questions about how babies are made and how they get in mommy's bellies. I think we've been able to satisfy his curiosity for now without going overboard, (if you know what I mean). :)

Aiden 4 yrs.
Aiden, or Bugsy or Roo Bee (as we usually call him). (Funny side note: we can't get Aaron to call Aiden by his real name...it's always Roo Bee.) is our artsy man. He LOVES to color, paint, and do anything crafty. Just yesterday Alex had a school project that needed coloring, and because Alex despises coloring he conned Aiden into coloring it for him. It turned out beautiful!!! Aiden is still our bug and shark man. Whenever there's a spider or cricket that needs to be squashed Aiden is my man! He loves to have Alex teach him addition facts that he can spout out randomly to Andy and I. I think he's going to be a number kid like Alex. Aiden has a hard time sitting still. He moves from activity to activity about every ten minutes. Alex, Keat, and Kolby have recently taken up an addiction to the Wii. Aiden will play for a minute here, a couple of minutes there, but then he's on to something else. He can be found running up down the hallway with the younger three (Brady, Aaron and Lilee) and telling them what to do. Kindergarten is going to be an interesting change for him. This is a whole other subject! He's a lion at home and a lamb every where else. He is very shy and hangs on to mommy's pants when he's put in a new environment. He is in Mrs. Kimmi's preschool this year. We are so excited for him to learn "school stuff", but more important than that, to learn to be AWAY from mommy for longer periods of time. Because I am in Primary too, it is very difficult to get him to sit with his class instead of with me. If it werent' for his cousins, Keat and Kolby, I am certain he'd never go to Sunbeams. His cousins make him brave! Aiden is mommy ALL over again. He LOVES his sweets! It is really hard to get him to eat "regular" foods. It's a constant battle with him. He is my little shadow. I find getting things done around the house difficult at times because he wants to play with me all day. We enjoy playing Hot Wheels, coloring, Candy Land, and Uno. I try to remind myself that this is the last year with my Bugsy at home all day and to enjoy him WANTING to be with me. How quickly that changes when kids start school.


No comments: