Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ashten 3 mo. and Other Random Happenings

Sometimes I think Ashten was meant to be a first child! He doesn't nap, ever. He wants to be held all day long...and he is such a finicky eater. He'll only nurse at home, and he wants to be laid "just so" or he won't eat at all. We had about a month and a half of dealing with thrush in his mouth and yeast on me and an ear infection in the middle of that. Nursing has been miserable! But, ALAS!!! We made it through and he is doing much better now. Tender mercies from the Lord saw us through. Along with the trials, he has been one of the greatest blessings I have ever receieved. He is starting to rake at things and is interested in watching us eat. If I make eye contact with him while he's nursing, he pulls off and chatters away. Half the time he never finishes eating because he'd rather talk to me. He has such a light in his eyes, and we can't wait to get to know his little personality. I can already tell he's got a lot of spunk!!!

Aaron and Ashten


This is what happens when you leave two little boys alone with markers. I was only gone long enough to feed Ashten...*sigh*. Thank heavens they were washable.

Another thing that happens when you're outside putting up Christmas lights and leave two little boys alone. They emptied out the pantry and made castles with all the cans.

Right before eating rice cereal for the first time. He's not really a fan of rice cereal...



I made eye contact...he wanted to talk instead of eating his cereal. Such a cutie!!!




Poor Ashten...his brothers already like to tease him. They put these cups on his hands to laugh as he waved them around. What turkeys!!!

The little robe his Aunt Anika gave him. So cute!






1 comment:

Rochelle said...

OH! That whole nursing trial thing had to be rough. I can't imagine. Ashten is such a cute little guy! How can you not just snuggle him all day?!