Sunday, March 13, 2011

Half a YEAR!!!

Ashten was half a year old on February 20th...but we're still running a bit behind over here. So I'm just getting around to posting his pictures. He still thinks Alex is the funniest thing he's ever seen. Today in Primary (I serve as second counselor) Alex had him giggling SO LOUD. Any time Alex would even look at him, he'd bust out laughing. It really was cute, but very distracting to all the primary kids! Soon they were all trying to get his attention to make him laugh. Something that I forgot to mention in other "month" postings is that poor Ashten is on his fourth ear infection. He seems to be getting one a month now. He WAS sleeping through the night very early on, but that is a luxury that mommy doesn't get to enjoy any more. Between his double ear infection and four teeth ready to pop on the top, he gets up like a newborn would three or four times a night. Thankfully, I've taught him to be able to put himself to sleep so all I have to do is feed him and set him back in his crib. He plays or talks himself to sleep. IT IS MARVELOUS! Interrupted sleep is catching up to me really fast though and I find myself really dragging by three o'clock in the afternoon.
Ashten is getting better and better with sitting up and can sit up pretty well with the boppy behind him. I am EAGERLY awaiting this new milestone because he's gets so sick of tummy time and sitting in his bumbo. He still doesn't care for baby food, or table food for that matter. He seems perfectly content with just nursing. ...but he WON'T do it in public. He has to be in a quiet room, just me and him, to eat. This has made Sundays VERY interesting these past 6 months because the mother's lounge is so packed at church. Trying to juggle Primary responsibilities and sharing time and trying to keep him happily fed has been hard. He has been my most difficult nurser. Just picky, I guess. I suppose I can't blame him because he's had to deal with thrush three times, three colds, and ear infections four times in his six months. Poor kid. At his six month check up he weighed 17 lbs. 7 oz (50%) and was 27 inches long (74%). He is by far our smallest baby.My favorite thing about him right now is that he loves to hold the sides of my face and snuggle into my neck. LOVE HIM!





Any time Ashten is fussy, I give him to daddy for some snuggle and hockey watchen' time.

No comments: