Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday to Aiden!

My sweet Aiden boy turned five on the fifteenth. Aiden has such a big heart. When he doesn't know I'm watching, I see him help Aaron open up things, push chairs up to the counter to get Aaron a cup, or scoot over on the rocking chair to make room for his brothers. He loves preschool and floors me with his pre-reading skills. Today in church he wrote the word "opin" (open). He is interested in how everything is spelled and adding all kinds of single digit numbers. This kid is SO ready for Kindergarten! He got some art kits from Nana for Christmas and his birthday because he loves to color and draw and write. He still loves sharks and sleeps with the huge pillow shark, named "Sharkie" that his Oma and Opa got him. He loves to make Ashten laugh. He can't sit still for even two seconds. Not even to watch a movie. I don't think he's ever sat through an entire movie yet. He can frequently be found filling up the sandbox with water and driving his monster trucks through it. He can play for hours by himself in the back yard. This kid was meant to live on a farm! He hopes one day to have a pet snake...mom is ok with that. It means I don't have to vacuum up any kind of pet hair! He loves the outdoors and hopes to be a "shark and killer whale feeder" at Sea World someday.

Monster trucks are ALL the rage at our house these days!
"Sharkie" from Opa and Oma




Our homemade pinata turned out so good this time!
It POURED the day of Aiden's party, so last minute we had to move the party to our house. We had to change a lot of the games we had planned. This one was the cotton ball race game...
More of the cotton ball race game...
The crushing game...we pretended to be monster trucks...whoever could crush their graham crackers into tiny pieces first, won! Alex and Aiden tied. What a proud mother I am...my children can bash things to BITS before your children can...neener, neener! (kidding!) :)
All the kids crushing their graham crackers.
The first activity we did was "design your own monster truck". Imagine 12 boys all in a small room and it's QUIET...that's how well this activity was received. YaY for mom! :)

The monster truck cake I made.



Aiden on is actual birthday morning. Crazy eyes, I tell you! He got more color changing Hot Wheels and a game. Surprise, surprise. I do wonder if his "car" phase is ever going to end. I don't mind it though, Hot Wheels are cheap!

1 comment:

Roxy Dozier said...

Don't hold your breath on the car phase going away. The girls got some Littlest Pet Shop toys for their fifth birthday, yeah, we're still buying them and their still playing with them! My girls have been wanting to go to a monster truck rally, there's one coming to Tucson. I think I'll wait, then when our kids go on their first date your boy can take my girl to her first rally! Your cake looked awesome, I too am a cupcake wars/food network addict. We'll have to get together this summer and whip up some yummy cupcakes!