Saturday, May 14, 2011

Aaron's Birthday Party

This year we had a joint birthday party with Kolby and Aaron. We did a Batman (Kolby) and Scooby Doo (Aaron) party. And there were actually GIRLS there! It took the girls a bit to get used to the craziness that IS a Wright family birthday party. :)



Brothers from another mother! Brady and Aaron are inseparable! According to them they are "best fwiends". Of course, sibling rivalry also plays a part in their relationship.


I did a little "Scooby Doo mystery" hunt to find the theif who stole the party bags. Here is Alex reading one of the clues. Each clue led to a new game that they had to play to get the next clue. It turned out really well and the kids seemed to love it.


Listening for the clue...


Playing a dancing game to the song "Who Let the Dogs Out". SO CUTE to watch them all bust out their moves.

Getting ready for the sponge game.

Aiden and Kiera racing to fill the bowls with water.

Aaron's feelings were hurt early on in the hunt for the theif. He refused to play any more. "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."




The ring toss game.


Alex was SO excited that he got to play the part of the theif. He wanted so badly to wear the Scream mask that goes with this costume, but I wouldn't let him because I was afraid he'd scare the kids. When the kids found him he said, "And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids." SO FUNNY!





I made Scooby Doo silouettes with white chocolate to put on the cupcakes. Why I didn't use regular chocolate is beyond me...scooby doo is brown, isn't he?!!!




Aaron getting ready to smack the pinata.

All the kids waiting to smack the pinata.


Phew...mommy's exhausted! What a fun, crazy, wild couple of hours! Happy Birthday Aaron and Kolby!

No comments: