Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cabin Time

We took our annual Colorado trip back in June...but things have just seemed way to busy to sit and post the millons of pictures I wanted included in the blog book. So, I'm finally just getting to it. We ended up renting a cabin this year at the Blue Spruce RV Park and campground. We really enjoyed it. There were lots of other kids for ours to play with. They also had a playground, potlucks with other campers, a basketball court and BINGO night! It was so fun for our kids to be able to RUN AROUND ALL day long during the summer time! Andy took each of the boys on their very own fishing trip while mommy entertained those left behind. There were some definite tears on Aaron's part when he had to watch Daddy leave with Alex or Aiden. Aaron is VERY much Daddy's shadow. We also went to the Alpine Slide Ride again. Aaron was big enough to ride it this year! He LOVED it! Up top is a photo I took of Aiden. There he was running around with no shirt on and flip flops...in the mountains...while it is 50 degrees out. I asked him if he was cold and he looked at me like, "why on earth would I be cold?" and answered no. I swear my children were meant to live in Alaska.


Alex and I worked hard on and completed this BLACK AND WHITE Diary of a Wimpy Kid puzzle. It was hard work, but we loved it!


Our strawberry milk boy.


DANDELIONS. DANDELIONS! They were the most important thing on every single walk we took!





Gotta love the mohawk!!!


Ah! The beauty of it all! Someday we're going to own a home up there...


No matter what, Ashten always gets the best seat in the house!


Lots of teatherball and swinging on the tire swing.








Being silly while daddy was napping...


Getting into things he shouldn't...and having a blast doing it!


Andy grilled for us a couple of different times. Mmmmmm. Mmmmmm. Burgers, chicken and fish tast so much better grilled in the mountains! I just sat on the picnic bench nearby watching the kids run around and my love cooking. Does it get any better than that?!!!


The cabin we rented...


Aiden talking to the fish he caught in the silly voice he does. Wish I could put the video on here.











Aiden going up the ski lift to go down the alpine slide ride. No fear!


Look closely, and you can see Alex waving while going up on the ski lift.


The sleds used to go down the slide.


Mommy and Aaron coming down the slide for the first time.








Poor Ashten...not old enough to do anything fun there!





Aaron liked riding down the slide with Daddy better...he said I was too slow!




Aiden doen' when he loves the MOST...playing outside in the mud.


Aiden trying out the mechanical bull. He did NOT like it, at all.


Ditto for Alex.


I got to try out the human slingshot again. So. Much. Fun!!!


This is pretty much what all of our faces looked like up in the mountains the entire week!


Aiden talking to his second fish!








The kids LOVED feeding the horses that lived at the campground.





The kids found a baby bird trapped in the exercise room at the campground and they rescued it. They wanted to bring it home so badly...but another camper said it wouldn't live in captivity. :( The kids were so sad to have to let it go.





They kept trying to feed it a worm. So cute!

They kept putting their feet into the FREEZING water and saying, "I have to face it, I have to face it!" They had Andy and I laughing so hard!








SO much fun on BINGO night!





Andy found a squirrel whose legs had been run over by a car. He placed it safely in a squirrel hole. Thank heavens it didn't bite him!


Throwing rocks into the stream. I STILL don't understand the enjoyment found in throwing rocks into water. I bring a book along for these occasions...because the hubs is just as bad as the kids! Seems like hours and hours are spent watching rocks being thrown into the streams.


His brothers convinced him to eat a blue window crayon. Oh bother...





Throwing rocks...AGAIN.





Two of the yummy fish that the boys caught and grilled up for me. YUMM-O


Leaving the cabin to come home. :(


Four corners!!! Here you can stand in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah all at the same time!

Standing in line for Indian fry bread. What a FUN trip!

4 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

I need to check out your blog more often! What a great update. I loved all the pictures. Funny story.... My girls have really gotten into hotwheels lately, they remember a post you did where you had a huge racetrack up in your house, or something along those lines. They keep asking to have a playdate with the boys so they can play cars. We'll have to sometime. I can't believe how fast our summer went. We didn't even get to hang out as much as I had planned too! Dsrn it, I'll have to call and set up a car date next time we're up.

Roxy Dozier said...

I need to check out your blog more often! What a great update. I loved all the pictures. Funny story.... My girls have really gotten into hotwheels lately, they remember a post you did where you had a huge racetrack up in your house, or something along those lines. They keep asking to have a playdate with the boys so they can play cars. We'll have to sometime. I can't believe how fast our summer went. We didn't even get to hang out as much as I had planned too! Dsrn it, I'll have to call and set up a car date next time we're up.

CD Black said...

I am way jealous of your adventure. A real family vacation! Your boys are lucky that their parents are so awesome. (I hope that you made it home without hitting any deer.)

Rochelle said...

AwwwSome pictures! What a fun trip! Anything to escape the AZ heat! How do you post so many pictures without going crazy! It takes sooo long!