I just learned that a friend of mine has breast cancer. She's 31. She is fighting for her life with chemotherapy. This news hit me so hard. It made me look at the following pictures in a very different light. When I took them, they were just snapshots of silly things I fill my time with as a stay-at-home mom. And now, they are precious ways that I GET to fill my time with. Learning about my friend was a reminder to truly cherish these small moments. I don't want to forget when my kids are all grown up about the things we filled our days with...playing memory, and playdough, and painting, and hide and seek, and collecting leaves in the back yard, and baking cupcakes, and eating the frosting until we were sick. Days spent at the park, or snuggling while we watch tv or days that I took all four kids to the store and wanted to tear out my hair the entire time. I wish I had a picture of every single one of those moments. I want to do better about loving the bad with the good. ...to just be thankful, for ALL of it. I want to stop and smell my boys' hair right out of the bath and stop to listen to their giggles at night as they talk about poop and gross things that I wish they wouldn't. :) ...and love every minute that I get to have them in my home. Today my heart overflows with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for my dear husband who makes me laugh and fills my soul with sunshine. And for my four, smelly little boys who make my life complete. Without further adieu...
the pictures that started this ramble in the first place!
These three love to go jump! Lately, they've been coming up with all sorts of games that involve the leaves that fall continuously on there. Sometimes, mommy ends up out there too...and she comes in with leaves stuck all over the place in her hair. :) Good times.
No matter how hard I try, I CANNOT beat this kid at memory! He's the Yoda of Spiderman Memory game!
I am going to miss this little boy SO MUCH when he goes off to Kindergarten next year. But for now, he's all mine!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment