Sunday, May 18, 2014

Christmas 2013

This was our very first Christmas away from family. It felt strange. It was also a hard time because Andy was out of a job, we found out our renters had trashed our house and were bailing on the lease, and a friend from Goodyear passed away. We tried to stay up beat for the kids. With the bad comes the good and we received a lot of love and tender mercies from our ward family here. (I won't go into that, as I wrote about this in a previous post). Christmas day we went over to the Sanchez home to see the puppy that Santa brought. Other than that, it was a quiet day at home enjoying our new treasures.
 The following pictures of the kids are our annual "let's see how much we've grown since last year" pictures.




 I actually have a mantel to hang Christmas things! I did hang everyone's stockings...not sure why I didn't take a picture of that!
 Our annual drive around the block to see Christmas lights. This house totally rivaled our neighbors in Goodyear. We felt at "home"!
 Merry Christmas!





 Santa brought Aiden and Aaron sparking scooters.
 Here was another tender mercy of the Lord. I was feeling awfully homesick and missing how my sisters and I, and also the Black family, used to get together and decorate gingerbread houses. We didn't have the extra money to do it at our house. So, out of the blue, the Lord prompted one of my friends to invite us over to do them with her. What a blessing. Just this little thing brought tears to my eyes and helped me know that the Lord was aware of me and my little family as we struggled through December.




1 comment:

CD Black said...

I love this post! I don't stop by often to your blog, but I do miss you guys! Our graham cracker houses have really gone down hill in craftsmanship and quality since the Wrights aren't with us to do it.