Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Homeowners in Virginia Beach!!!

 Well, we did it! Last September we bought a house in Virginia Beach after looking for 8 months! I think our realtor was ready to strangle us. The weird thing about the house we bought was that it was totally disgusting! I'm talking a kitchen straight from the 80's, complete with salmon colored paint on the top of the chair rail and lime green on the bottom. I'm talking moldy showers. I'm talking original vinyl flooring. I am talking ORIGINAL carpeting (the house is just about 30 years old). I am talking "rainbow" rooms where each wall was painted a different color. Ick. We had looked at several upgraded houses that were gorgeous and we just didn't get that "this is it" feeling with any of them. The minute I walked into this house, I felt good about it. So did Andy. And so began our journey of thinking, "WHAT WERE we thinking???!!!" Right off the bat we replaced the carpeting throughout the house. I was not living on that gross mess. Second came painting the kitchen. I painted it a light gray and ended up painting the cabinets espresso. Talk about some serious WORK. Then came painting. And more painting...and more painting. (You get where I'm going with this, right?) We even had to paint over the dark, wood trim throughout the entire house. I don't have very many "before" pictures. But here are the "afters". I LOVE this house! :) It's been so fun to put my "flavor" into it. The above ladies are my super cool friends that showed up to take down the nasty house!
 "Before" kitchen. Lovely.
 "Before" cabinets
 "Before" light above the table.
 "Before" fan that my mom deemed "the trumpet fan" See the brass swirlies?
 The awesome "before" original vinyl flooring in the kitchen.
 Here is a picture of the kitchen cabinets that I painted espresso. Still, ugly counter tops.
 Ahhhhhh, my beautiful new kitchen floor. I adore!
 The new countertops shown with cabinets and hardware.
 My new above the table light
 Another shot of the kitchen. We also put in this light above the island.
 The fan that replaced the "trumpet fan". I also painted the fireplace mantel white. It had been a dark wood color.
 Ahhhh, the entry way. Picture the walls in blue and pink striped wallpaper. Yes...I said blue and pink. Oh my. We ripped all that down and painted. This is my new and improved entry way!
This room was filthy dirty with hand prints and such all over the flat white paint. I painted it gray and added my favorite color, yellow to accent. We are currently re-doing the master bathroom. ...I have to mention it isn't by choice though. We had a massive leak in our ceiling and had to rip out the shower and everything in there to find the leak. Soon we will be the proud owners of a beautiful new bathroom!
This room was filthy with hand prints all over the flat white walls. I painted it gray and added pops of my favorite color, yellow. Things are coming along!

No comments: