This kid. He seriously melts my heart, ...and sends it erupting like a volcano other times! We honestly don't know what we'd do without our caboose! He is funny, spunky, sassy, creative, snuggly, shy, smart, loves to sing and hum, throw balls, MONSTER TRUCKS, playing in the dirt to make "smoke", playing in the sand, the beach, swimming, and jumping on trampolines. He was about to start a "joy school" in about a month from when these pics were taken. He ended up being really shy there, and hanging on to my pants the entire time. If I would stand right by him, he would eventually sit in the chairs with the other kids. He would get SO mad if I moved anywhere though! He is a funny kid in that when meeting another child, he decides very quickly whether or not he is going to like them. First impressions count for this kid! And once he decides if he likes you or not, that is THAT. His mind will not be changed! Another funny thing about him when preschool started, was that all the mom's were impressed with his cutting skills. I had to inform them that he'd been cutting stuff up (mostly things he shouldn't) since the day he turned two! Having a strong cutter isn't always a good thing!!! ;) Most of our day, after the kids go to school, is spent jumping on the trampoline together. Not a day goes by that he doesn't ask me to "jump him like a jelly bean" on the tramp. As referenced in the above picture, if this kid is tired, he's going to sleep. There are times we can't find him and we go look at his bed and he's tucked himself in and is fast asleep. Sadly, I can't remember where we were that caused him to be tired enough to fall asleep in this chair. Also in this picture is his monkey blanket. Oh my goodness! He LOVES this blanket! It wouldn't be a problem if he didn't suck on it. But he does. And it makes it stink to high heaven!!! His brother's not so lovingly named it "The Rag of DEATH". For his birthday, I kept it really low key. I took him and his brothers to a bounce house place. It was geared towards very young children, so the older ones were pretty bored. But, they were good sports for him. Then we made some monster truck cupcakes. Wow. Cake decorator I AM NOT. Ash was happy with them, and that's all that mattered!
Look who got a hold of mommy's makeup! He was NOT happy that I took this picture!
First day of preschool!
Ashten loves to put "wrappers" (foil) on all of his cars, then take it off carefully to produce the impression of the car and lay them together in a line for his monster truck to crush them. He came up with this all by himself. It keeps him busy for hours...so I happily pull out the foil whenever he asks!
No comments:
Post a Comment