Friday, October 26, 2007

Poor Alex, Yea Mommy

I feel so bad for Alex but feel so pleased with myself! Yesterday I was typing away at the computer thinking that both of my children were all tucked snug in their beds when all of the sudden I heard a blood-curdling scream from the back yard. I ran out there and found Alex laying on the patio with blood all over his hands. He was crying so hard I couldn't understand him so I thought he had cut his hands. Then I noticed that his foot was also drenched in blood and still spewing. I looked over in the grass and there was the airator (sp?), one of those metal stake looking things that you use to stab holes into the ground for re-seeding grass. He finally choked out that he had accidentally stabbed himself with it while he was poking it into the grass pretending re-seed. Now, we all know how light-headed I get with just drops of blood...his foot was spewing. There was so much blood that I couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from. But, I instantly went into protective mommy mode and got it all cleaned up and somewhat stopped the bleeding. When it was still bleeding an hour and a half later, we took a trip to Urgent Care. At which time Alex bravely received 5 stitches to close the gaping wound. Yuck. I am pleased to announce that I didn't pass out once and stayed fully in control of the situation. Yea ME! Poor Alex! Here is a picture I took this morning in all his grumpiness in our make-shift wheel chair (a stroller). Since mommy is preggo and can't lift this big boy and he can't walk, I plop him in the chair to take him where he needs to go. Life is going to be interesting for the next couple of days. Halloween is going to be interesting as well. The stitches come out Nov. 1.

7 comments:

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

Poor little guy; Luke had to get stiches in his upper lip earlier this summer. It's so sad to see these brave little boys getting worked on by the doctors and staff.

Amie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari said...

Oh my heavens!!! I had the same feelings as I held Kendyl's chin together when she split that open!! Glad to hear you survived without incident and that Alex will also survive - and know better than to pretend he's overseeding :)

Kari said...

Amie - I saw your question about the digital scrapbooking class I'm taking. She hasn't announced her next start date, but it will be sometime after the first of the year. Here is a link to the info and a 4-minute trailer about the class.
http://jessicasprague.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1&category_id=2&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=48
If the link doesn't work just copy and past it into your browser. You can also go to www.jessicasprague.com and look around. If you go to her blog you can register for updates about upcoming classes and photoshop tutorials! But watch out ... it's totally addicting!!!! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Linda said...

Wow, so he snuck from his bed to outside without you hearing? What a sneeky little guy! Ouch! His poor foot and what a scary experience for you! How is he holding up? That would be hard with a 4 year old not being able to walk.... hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Amie, I am sooooo proud of you for staying so strong! These situations are scary, but look at you coming through for Alex. I think it is built into us as Moms to handle things that we thought we never could. Poor Alex I feel so bad for him. Nice thinking on the stroller though, you are always thinking!

Kimberly said...

So sorry to here your little man was damaged. It breaks my heart. Hope he heals up quickly. Yay for a brave mom!!