Last night Andy was trying to get Aiden dressed after his bath and he COULD NOT get him to lay down so that he could do that. He kept running around the house naked, which is an accident waiting to happen if you know what I mean. Andy tried every way he could think of to get Aiden to lay down but nothing worked. Finally Andy asked Aiden, "Don't you want to be obedient like Nephi?" (We have been studying the story of Nephi and his brothers in FHE). Aiden listened to this question and started to take off running again. Then he stopped and ran back to Andy and said, "Ok Dad, I Nephi." and then he laid down. It was very cute! We were so happy to see that he is actually getting the stories that we teach them from the scriptures even though he is usually walking around and wiggling when we read them.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Obedience
Last night Andy was trying to get Aiden dressed after his bath and he COULD NOT get him to lay down so that he could do that. He kept running around the house naked, which is an accident waiting to happen if you know what I mean. Andy tried every way he could think of to get Aiden to lay down but nothing worked. Finally Andy asked Aiden, "Don't you want to be obedient like Nephi?" (We have been studying the story of Nephi and his brothers in FHE). Aiden listened to this question and started to take off running again. Then he stopped and ran back to Andy and said, "Ok Dad, I Nephi." and then he laid down. It was very cute! We were so happy to see that he is actually getting the stories that we teach them from the scriptures even though he is usually walking around and wiggling when we read them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What a cute story! I love it. Cute little guy too.
That's awesome! It's amazing how kids can pick up on things and learn so fast.
Cute!!!!!!!! I think boys are able to listen and still wiggle. Jayden told me about Jesus in a cave and then the stone rolled away and he called mary's name.. When he was 2!!!!!!!!!! So, yeah they are listening and wiggling at the same time!!!!!!
Very cute! It just goes to show that they are listening even though they are wandering! Mason is a a little wanderer during FHE.
That is a great story! What a cute little boy you have!
Awwww. That is so cute! He is so cute, as are all of your boys.
It just goes to show the effect great parents have on their children. Keep up the good work. I commend Andy on not being angered by the situation and spanking or something. He took the time to find a sensible solution to the problem and even teach Aiden a life lesson. You never know, the little guy may look forward to getting dressed now just so he can be like Nephi.
Oh that is such a grea story! What a cutie!
He's a sweetheart! It's so nice to know that the lessons are really clicking. What a cutie!
So cute. I think that mine are more in the Laman and Lemuel section of kids, but I am glad YOU have a Nephi!!
Post a Comment