Friday, May 2, 2008

Tagged...7 Reasons I Love My Alex

I was tagged by Meghan to name seven reasons why I love my Alex. I have thought about these for a couple of days now...so here we go. I now tag anyone who wants to share some fun stuff about their kids.

Reason #1: NEVER a DULL moment. Alex keeps me on my toes and is constantly on the go. Life could never, ever be boring with this guy around. See, look at those eyes...he's already thinking of his next move. Scary.Reason #2: He has the greatest sense of humor! He comes up with the most random questions and answers to things. He gives me a couple GOOD laughs a day, at least.Reason #3: I think it's so hilarious the way that no matter what he eats he ends up with a "food ring around the mouth".Reason #4: He is always thinking. He is very smart and it floors me when I explain something that should be way above his head and he gets it! He has an amazing vocabulary! It's very amusing to hear a four year old say, "We get along splendidly, mom." (speaking about Alex Black). HA! Or the other day our neighbor's dogs kept sniffing him and following him around and pestering him and he said, "Dad, these dogs keep antagonizing me!"
Reason #5: He is the MASTER of "FUN AND COMPLETELY RANDOM things to do! "Hey Mom, let's put all these couch cushions on me and then we'll have Aiden jump on them just to see if I can feel it." Ok, WHAT? Or, "Hey let's bury Aiden's sandals in the mud, leave them there overnight and see if we can remember where we put them in a couple of days." Huh? (They did accomplish this one.) Or my personal favorite, he turns the hose on full blast and sets it on top of the trampoline letting the dirty water fall through the holes, strips down and stands buck naked in the rocks claiming that he is taking a shower. RANDOM. I am sure many of you remember the time he stripped down at the Goodyear splash park and started running through the sprinklers. Yikes. Reason #6: Alex could make a friend ANYWHERE! He LOVES people and LOVES to be chatting with whomever will listen. If I take him to a playground he will know the name of every single kid there in 2 minutes flat, and possibly some of the adult names. He has a VERY hard time understanding the concept of stranger danger. To him, a stranger is a friend he just hasn't gotten to yet.Reason 7: He is always smiling. Even when he's naughty, he's smiling. (Ok, that can be annoying...but none-the-less he loves to smile).

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a cute boy!!!!!! I have one just like him, so I know EXACTLY what you're talking about Never a dull moment.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post! Great reasons to love your little guy!

Elise and Dan said...

He is such a good kid! What great qualities he has! You are a great mom to him--he is so lucky!

Kimberly said...

Loved this post! What a fun boy you have.

mph said...

I truly enjoyed Alex in nursery. I got such a kick out of him. He is 1000% ALL BOY!!!