Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Phoenix Zoo...YES, AGAIN!

I know, I know. You've seen the entire Phoenix Zoo in every angle imaginable on my blog. But hey, when Mandy calls me up and says let's go to the zoo I HAPPILY accept because she has a membership that gets us all in. Plus, we always love to hang out with the Wilsons!


This was one of the weirdest things that I have ever seen! It's hard to see because blogger refuses to let me flip this picture, but this rattlesnake had beef with Alex. Look close, everywhere that Alex moved his head, the rattlesnake would follow. The rattlesnake had his rattle way up in the air slightly waving back and forth and was just staring down Alex. It was so creepy! But, of course Alex thought that it was hilarious. Aiden thought it was just "gross". :) It was so interesting to watch!
This picture goes out to my homies Roxanne and Linda! These nasty javelinas were COMMON place in good 'ol Benson where we grew up. It was totally normal to hear all sorts of snorting in the front lawn at night. Seth got pretty good at nailing them with rocks when they were into our trash cans. It was heaps of fun to go out after school and pick up all of the spilled, smashed, and mutilated trash left from the javelinas nightly feast. Ewwwww.
Of course the boys were more intrested in BEING monkeys than looking at them! Everywhere we went the boys were more interesting in climbing or hanging than anything else.
"Elephants??? What elephants?"

Alex's signature pose.



The boys had an absolute blast sludging through the water and mud. We played longer in this water than we did looking at ALL the animals! Go figure!!! All little boys need is dirt and water and they're happy for hours!

1 comment:

Roxy Dozier said...

Amie, you're still as beautiful as ever! I need lessons. I thought moving to Bisbee would get rid of Javelinas but no they are into our trash here too. Were you with us at that prom where the boys jumped out and skinned that freshly hit Javelina in their tuxedos? It may have been Katie or someone. A zoo is the perfect place for them! Your boys are so cute too! Both my girls first words were Dada but that was my fault. I drilled it into them because Dad was always working.