Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Official...

Hip, Hip Hooray! Aiden has successfully potty trained himself. I wasn't even planning on trying to potty train Aiden until he was closer to three because that's when Alex was ready and did it on his own rather than me fighting him about it. But a couple of weeks ago he just decided that he didn't want to wear diapers anymore. And that was that. Yesterday was his first day going on all of our errands, (gym, store, etc.) in undies!!! And...NOT ONE accident! Weeeeeee! He has also been waking up dry in the morning...so here's to not having to buy any more size 5 diapers,(just pull ups for accident protection at night!) Well, for a couple of months anyway...Aaron is growing like a weed! :) Don't mind the messy face. It always looks like that. It is WORLD WAR THREE to clean it. So, it gets cleaned if we go out or every night in the bath!

I had to post this random picture too. Alex is growing into the sweetest, most thoughtful boy. Last night we were finishing up some yard work and Aaron started to get fussy. Without even being told to do so, Alex began pushing him around in the stroller and singing "I Am A Child of God" to him. I coulda just cried!!! Awww Alex, ya pulled hard on momma's heart strings.

10 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Yeah for Aiden!! Mason is showing some real signs of being ready. I hope it goes as smoothly as Aiden's training. I loved that sweet story about Alex. What a sweet boy!!! He pulled at my heart strings as well.

Liz G. said...

Hooray!! Such a nice feeling to have only one in diapers. It almost feels cheap to only buy diapers for one kid! I miss you - let's get together sometime!

Lacie said...

I am sooo jealous, Collin is still trying to get the hang of it. Your little boy is growing up.

Rochelle said...

Yeah! One kid in diapers is definitely easier than two. I love the story about Alex too...has he been practicing for a primary program or something? :) I can't wait for ours to be OVER!!!

andreamatrix said...

Awesome! Can I send my puppy over?

Tiffany said...

yeah for Aiden...yeah for mom & dad!!!! What an awesome thing that always is!!!

mph said...

Wow! That is awesome!! It IS so nice for us too now to only have one in diapers. That was soooo sweet about Alex. That was just the cutest.

Anonymous said...

Good job Aiden! That is wonderful! Very sweet of Alex to take care of his little brother!

kimber said...

Isn't it so nice not having to buy 2 sets of diapers.
It's true when they're ready it's so much easier to potty train, than trying to fight them and do it earlier.

Heidi and Jace said...

Yeah! What a great day!!! Too bad we keep having more to potty train!