Sunday, January 25, 2009

Boys Night Out = Monster Jam


Andy surprised the boys with tickets to see "Monster Jam" at Chase ballpark. It was to be a GUYS DAY OUT! (Aaron isn't considered one of the guys yet :) ) Aaron and mommy stayed home. About a week ago we told the boys about the tickets and it was ALL they could talk about. I was a little worried that that the loud crunching noises would scare Aiden to death...but I am pleased to announce that both Aiden and Alex thought that it was just about the coolest thing they have or will ever see in their lives! It's all I heard about all morning long! Alex thought it was so darn cool that the trucks got to smash a school bus! He informed me several times that it was ok that the cars were being smashed because they were old and no one was sitting in them. :)
Aiden is our little car man. He eats, drinks and sleeps with a Hot Wheels car in hand. He can tell you what kind of car he's going to drive when he "gets big". He says it's going to be a yellow sports car with a huge spoila (Aiden lingo for spoiler) and fiya (fire) shooters with big wheels. He saw a yellow Porsche the other day and told me he was going to get that one. I guess we should encourage him to start saving ALL his pennies now! Who needs a radio on when you have Aiden in the car telling you about all the spoilers and fire shooting cars around you on the road. (He thinks that those fancy muffler things shoot fire. ???) It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we have a Nascar or Monster truck driver on our hands. :) If I have to watch the movie Cars ONE more time I think they'll have to haul me off to the looney bin! ...I guess I should pack my bags now.

Enjoy the pics of Monster Jam!



This picture cracks me up! Notice what the truck is called and how Aiden has his hand? Hiiii-ya!

8 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

How cute! It's pictures like these that make me wish I had had a boy! I mean one mommy can only take sooooo much princess, every once in awhile you just want to see something get crushed. Too bad it's cars and not household appliances or something! Hmmmm we might want to come up with a mommy cush fest of some kind......

Rochelle said...

I love it! I'm so glad they had a good time and weren't scared..cuz those trucks are noisy. Jayden also is into the paint jobs on vehicles and told me that he wishes our van had "flames". Yeah...as if I'd continue to drive it if it did. :)

Elise and Dan said...

How fun! I went to a monster truck thing before. I felt like I couldn't hear the rest of the day!! Your boys are such boys!

Liz G. said...

That looks like so much fun! It's actually something I would like to do-I just need to talk Greg into it!

The Three Peas said...

Oh that is SO testosterone packed! Andy must be in a total state of bliss to have boys all around him!

andreamatrix said...

That looks like so much fun! I didn't know they let the kids get so close to the trucks. Love your background by the way!

Tiffany said...

How fun!! we wanted to go but tickets were sold out!! looks like ya'll had a great time!!! My kids loved going last year!

mph said...

That looks awesome for big and little men!! I will have to have Matt take the boys next year.