Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday to Aiden!

Aiden went ahead and grew up some more on me...he turned three yesterday. These kids need to stop growing! We had a fun family party for him and he was spoiled rotten with his latest obsession...MONSTER TRUCKS. So sorry for the ton-O-pics, I couldn't decide!

Earlier in the week we started our pinata. Here are the boys, dipping and smoothing the newspaper on to the balloon. They hung around for a while, then got bored and mommy had to finish it over the next few days!


Here is the finished product and Aiden so excited to break into it. He is my little sugar baby!


The cake that I made...Arrrrgh, blogger won't let me flip it. I now completely understand why people just buy cakes! This silly thing took me about three hours total! It doesn't look that complicated, but the black road is made up of those tiny frosting stars. And the grass is made up of the bigger stars. It took forever! I never want to see or make frosting again! :)
Awww, Aiden thanking Keaton for his birthday present.
So happy! ...more monster trucks.
Again, blogger won't let me flip this one. Aarrrrgh! This is Aiden's "stop taking pictures, mom" face. Isn't it cute!!!Aaron keeping himself entertained while we all ate cake!
Aiden is my little buddy. He follows me around the house all day long. We love to play Candyland and Hot Wheels and Starfall on the computer. We are so similar it's scary! Our personalities are exactly the same. We have such a great time together! Here he is helping me make sugar cookies for Alex's teacher for Valentine's Day.


We love you Aiden!

7 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Happy Bithday Aiden! WOW! 3? I remember when we moved into the ward and he was just a baby! He is such a cutie!

CD Black said...

I'm so glad you and Aiden are good friends. It is so fun to play with our little boys! These birthdays just keep coming, don't they? The next one is at our house. Alex will be 6. Then I will hear, 'I did that when I was five but now...' 6 is big when you are less than 4 feet tall!

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Aiden! Love the cake!

kimber said...

Happy birthday Aiden! I'm so impressed with your cake, that was so cute. I need to be more artsy.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Loved the cake! You did awesome! Even if it did take you three hours I'm sure it made Aiden's day! I remember you guys all took that cake decorating class together didn't you? Looks like you acquired a lot of skills! Your boys are so cute! I can't believe he's 3! I remember when you were pregnant with him! It goes so fast!

mph said...

That cake rocks! I am way impressed Amy! Great job!

mph said...

That cake rocks! I am way impressed Amy! Great job!