Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Aaron's First Birthday Party


The birthday pictures are all out of order...but it took me so long to get them all on here, that we will just deal with them that way! We had a little family party for Aaron.
Here is a pic of the "big" kids! The boys were all having fun watching Alex with his remote control robot.
Aaron makes this ridiculous face when you smile big at him. We get such a kick out of it! Aunt Anika finally got it on camera for us. He is such a ham.
Aaron taking a whack at the pinata.
We have no idea why Aaron was making this nasty face, but he kept doing it every time we tried to get a pic of him with Lilee.



Isn't this the most ridiculous birthday pinata you've ever seen! I took Aiden to Walmart with me to pick out Aaron's party pinata. I took him to the birthday aisle and told him to pick out the one he thought that Aaron would like. And THIS is what he picked out! ...a St. Paddie's Day top hat! I laughed so hard. To make it look more birthday-ish I ripped off the black sash and gold buckle and stuck this birthday pin and number one to it. I don't think that I fooled anyone though! Oh well, it was on clearance! ;)Aaron didn't see anything but the lit candle. He kept trying to grab at it!



Aaron loves Diego, so I made these Diego cupcakes.



Aaron started out just lightly poking the cupcake. He was annoyed when his fingers got dirty and he tried to clean them. I shoved the cupcake back at him!
His favorite part was the Diego's hair made out of chocolate. That's my boy! Here he is trying to share it with me.Here he is all clean and just plain NOT interested in eating any of it. Bummer. No good messy pictures!




Look how cute and happy Keaton looks as he checks out his pinata finds!




7 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

WOW, what a birthday! He looks like a real happy guy. We're glad Andy is ok. I have nightmares about getting one of those phone calls. Your family is growing up so fast!! What a beautiful Mom and Wife they have. You rock Amie!

Rochelle said...

Great pics of your little guy! Happy birthday Aaron! So, this means you don't have to make a reservation anymore at the gym! Yeah!

The Becker Bunch said...

Holy AWEFUL picture BATMAN!!:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY AARON!! What a cute kid!! The party was fun...as usual!!

Liz G. said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe our babies are ONE now!! Remember a year ago when I would whine to you about how miserable I was?! He's quite the "cutie patootie." Maybe he and Afton will get married someday. . .

CD Black said...

What cute pictures! And here you are making way difficult cupcakes when you said you were done with hard cakes. They look great. Your baby is growing too fast!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Your cupcakes look amazing!! How did you do that? I remember you guys took those cake decorating classes awhile back. Maybe I should sign up for those! You did a fantastic job! That's too funny that Aaron wasn't interested in digging in and getting messy. I think he's the first kid I have known to want to stay clean around cake!! He was showing respect for all of his Momma's hard work, right? The party looked like a lot of fun. He's a really cute kid!!

Lacie said...

You did a great job on the cupcakes too cute!!