Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yummy for My Tummy Class

Alex mentioned to me that he wants to be a chef when he grows up, so Andy and I thought that it would be fun for he and Aiden to take a cooking class together. Yesterday was their first day. I was worried that Aiden would hang on to my pants and not participate. But YEA! I was wrong! They looked so cute sitting there cutting their fruit with plastic knives for their fruit salads! Alex was so helpful to Aiden...normally they don't get along very well. It brought tears to my eyes to see Alex so helpful and eager to help Aiden get everything done. As we left the class Alex says to me, "Now if you go to the crazy house I'll know how to make something so I can eat." (A couple of months ago the kids were fighting and making me nuts. I told Alex they needed to stop or I might have to go live at the crazy house!) Ah, Alex's memory is quite the gift.


Enjoying the fruit of their labors...(HA!...it's fruit salad) :)The almost finished product!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cute! I love Alex's memory...he says the funniest things!

Meghan said...

What a fun idea! Where did you do it at?

Kari said...

How fun!! I'm trying to make more of an effort to include my kids in kitchen duties because they are always wanting to help :)

Lacie said...

Looks like they had a blast. How many times do they get to go? Bailey also loves to cook to.

Tiffany said...

That's hilarious! Hopefully you won't end up in the crazy house:) Jacob loves to cook too! just look out when he can reach the MICROWAVE!!!