Tuesday, April 21, 2009
March for Babies
I decided that it was time for Alex and I to have a fun day just us two. I hardly ever get to spend time with just him and it makes me feel so bad for him. I decided that we would do something special for others with our time. So I signed us up to walk with Seth and Nikki's "Leaping for Logan" team for the March for Babies this past Saturday. When I woke Alex up that morning to get him ready I told him that he and I were going to spend the day together just us two. He looked and me and smiled saying, "Oh, finally we get some peace and quiet." HA! My sentiments exactly! :) I explained to him that we were going on a long walk to help raise money for tiny babies that were born too early like his cousin Logan. Alex was such a trooper on this 4 mile walk! We walked with Rochelle and her three kids so Alex had a grand ol time with Jayden. We were practically the last group to finish because these boys wanted to stop and take pictures with EVERYTHING! Rochelle and I were getting such a kick out of it. After the walk was all said and done, Alex and I walked around looking at pictures of tiny babies that both survived and passed on. He turned and looked at me and said, "So, how many babies did we save mom?" Ah, the mouths of babes. I started to tear up. I told him hopefully at least one. We then enjoyed all the free food and bouncers they had set up. Thanks for being my walking buddy Alex!!! I love you.









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thanks so much for coming and walking with us! It meant so much to have such a great group! I know Logan is very proud of us!! And I am very proud of Alex...he did great! What a sweet boy...I think we definitely saved at least one little one on Saturday!! What a great day!
That is so cute! What a fun thing to do together.
What an amazing day for Alex. That is the kind of memorable moment every kid needs with their mom. What a good idea!
What fun to have one on one time with your oldest. . . those times are precious. I want to walk one of those!! Let me know next time... and maybe when I'm not prego I could walk with you!
That's great. I love it when our kids make us think, or have heartfelt moments we wouldn't feel otherwise.
I love what he asked about how many babies he saved. He's so sweet! I missed going, it was so fun last year! Very cute picture of you and Alex together :)
I had a great time walking with you too Amie! I'm so glad you thought to bring your camera since I totally spaced mine. The pics turned out great!
Post a Comment