Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arachnophobia

It made me giggle that those who posted a comment were so creeped out by our new family member, Blondie. I had no problem with Blondie...as long as I didn't have to touch her or see her out of her cage. My giggles have officially come to a screeching HALT. You all know where I'm going with this post. So, this evening Andy had a Dr. appointment and would be home late. I had the two littlest ones in the tub when Alex calmly says to me from his bedroom, "Mom, Blondie is crawling on the carpet." I poke my head out of the bathroom sure that I didn't hear what I thought I had just heard. "What was that?" I ask. "Blondie is crawling on the carpet and I don't know how to catch her." I yank the two out of the tub and race into the boy's room. Sure enough, there is that HUGE tarantula taking a walk around their room. "Put her back in!" Alex says. "Dad will be mad that I let her out."

Insert a mental picture HERE of Amie with the heebie jeebies.

I quickly realize what must be DONE. I must calmly, so she doesn't bite, stick my hand out in front of her and let her crawl ONTO it and place her back in her cage. EWWWWWWWWW.

Insert a mental picture HERE of Amie with bugged out eyes.

I crawl up to her on all fours...my hand goes out... Blondie crawls on it...I gently place her back in her cage, NEVER to be left open again. I am now permanently infected with arachnophobia! BUT!!! I am the hero for the night in my boys eyes! Mommies can do anything! :)

However, this mommy never wants to do this "anything" ever again.


Picture this cage...without the spider in it. No more leaving the top open Alex!

6 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Amie,
That's gross. You get an award for being so brave. I would have stepped on it with a big shoe. I hope it didn't lay eggs while it was roaming around....Just kidding.

The Three Peas said...

My lunch decided to move up to my throat and cause palm sweating and hair on the back of my neck to stand straight up. Thank you.

Rochelle said...

I love it! Amie you rock! Of course, me being me, I wouldn't have had any problem with this particular thing. Justin however, thinks you are BEYOND HEROIC!!!!!

Linda said...

Oh yikes!! Not sure if I could do that. You are one brave girl. And to answer your question - I'm not able to make it this weekend to Chris' party.... I'm sad. But this weekend is Chad's b-day... so it doesn't work out. I want to hear all about it though. Take pictures and blog about it, then I can feel like I was there... if you don't blog about it I'm sure Roxanne will!!!! I have 4 1/2 weeks left of this pregnancy and feeling a bit overwhelmed and huge. Wish me luck!

Lacie said...

You were brave very brave. O the things moms have to do when dad is gone.

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

Oh I could not do that, I would have grabbed a pot or something and thrown it on top of that thing and waited for Dad to come home and "fix" the problem. Way to go!!!