Thursday, March 18, 2010

Aiden Updates and Turning FOUR

Aiden loves to make a good mess.
Aiden loves to be one with nature. He also loves to fish. A while ago Andy took him fishing in a river somewhat nearby. He caught the above fish and of course he wanted mommy to see it. ...so they brought it home and put it in the kids bathtub. When I got home with the other two, Aiden said he had a surprise for me in the bathroom. Sound interesting??? I walk in to find this fish swimming around in the tub. I asked Andy what on earth we were going to do with this fish. He said we should flush it. But, I couldn't bear the thought of killing it for no reason...so I let it live there in the tub for a whole week. I fed it goldfish food. At the end of the week, it was just grossing me out and I made Andy take the dumb thing all the way back to the river. Sheesh. No more fishing adventures when mommy can't eat what's caught!



AIDEN'S FOURTH BIRTHDAY
On Aiden's actual birthday, we took the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese. This picture is a monumental step for Aiden. He used to be absolutely terrified of big, suited animals. For years we weren't allowed to step foot in Chuck-E-Cheese. Yeah for our big four year old overcoming his "childhood" fears! ;)


Aiden wanted doughnuts for his birthday breakfast.


THE BIRTHDAY PARTY

Blowing out candles on his party cupcakes.

Presents!!! So Fun! ...he got LOTS of Hot Wheels stuff. He was in Aiden heaven!

The only pinata pic that turned out! Go Aaron!

The pinata line...

We built this huge track down the hill at the park. The kids started getting creative and making tunnels with their bodies over it.

Each kid got a Hot Wheels car in their treat bag from the treasure hunt. Andy came up with all sorts of fun racing ideas for them.

Looks like they're playing Twister! HA!






Alex showing off the coloring book they all got.

Some of the birthday crew eating pizza.

I think Keaton was singing! :)

These are supposed to be Hot Wheels cupcakes. (The red thing in the middle is the flame from the logo). Hey, I tried!
I'm always a cheap mom and we make our own pinatas. I stayed up so late painting this one! Aiden loved it.

UPDATE

Well, we're officially at a year without this kid napping. OUCH! That's all I have to say! :) He's a busy little guy whose curiousity is constantly getting the better of him. We fondly refer to Aiden as "destructo-boy". He loves to bang, hit, crush, smash, and pull apart anything from cars to goldfish. When Aiden is quiet, we know he's up to no good. We can't keep the hose and sand out of his hands. He goes through about six outfits a day, undies and all! He is one with nature and spends most of his time outside. When Aaron goes to sleep, (while Alex is at school) we play games and cars. Our favorites are Don't Break the Ice and Candy Land. Mommy gets practically nothing done during this time! We are best buddies and so enjoy one another's company.

Aiden is our peace maker. He is the first to give up, give in, give away, and share. I don't know what we'd do without him! He is still extrememly interested in sharks and collects all kinds of shark books. He can spout out all sorts of random shark facts. He loves preschool and is getting used to being in Sunbeams. We had a rocky start to Sunbeams because he was separated from his cousins, Keaton and Kolby. But, lucky for mommy the Sunbeam teachers didn't care if we switched him into the other class to be with them. He finally goes without a fuss! No more sharing times with Aiden hanging on my skirt! Yeah! Aiden is LION and LAMB all mixed into one. At times he's a fearless tough guy on the play ground and then other times he won't leave my side. He always keeps me guessing! I am so lucky to have my Aiden!

No comments: