Thursday, March 18, 2010

Alex Updates


Alex has this crazy ability to think WAY outside of the box. There I was making Aiden a marble madness track, thinking it's "so awesome" and Alex comes into the room, takes some pieces and builds this marble roller coaster. Aiden quickly abadoned my contraption for Alex's. I love the way he thinks of things that I never would. He blows my mind with his smarts sometimes!


The awesome green mouth guard that glows in the dark! Don't we all want one???

Football in hand...Notice the size difference between him and the other kid. Crazy!

Give me the plan coach!


Alex is six going on sixteen! Alex and mommy have a lot of different opinions about things these days! But, we always hug at the end of the day...so that's the important thing! :) He is doing extremely well in school and his teacher adores him. She had so many nice things to say about him during parent-teacher conferences last week. She said he is such a critical/deep thinker and she gets such kick out of the things he writes about in class. She also said that on a daily basis he informs her that the baby in my stomach just has to be a girl because he has (and I quote) "Taught his brothers everything they need to know. So, now it's time for him to teach a girl." Oh my. Pray that we are having a girl! I think Alex is going to want to send it back if it isn't! All kidding aside, I think Alex is going to be a great help to me when the baby comes. If he hears Aaron crying to get out of his crib and I'm in the shower or something, he'll go into his room without being asked and get him out. He then gets him a drink and a snack to wait for mommy. Awww. I'm excited for this new baby to give him some more practice in being nurturing and caring for others.

Alex is obsessed with Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Batman. Limiting his playstation time is always a difficult task. He really is good at computer games and the like. Recently he had to do a timeline of his life for a school project. When I asked him what future event he wanted at the end, he explained to me that he was going to get a scholarship to go to college and learn to make video games. So the last event on his timeline was his first "Lego" video game.

We signed him up for flag football. Turns out he is VERY QUICK! He scored two touch downs running the ball all the way down the field! Of course, his size helps matters quite a bit. If I saw that kid running full speed towards me, I think I'd move out of his way too! He says he isn't interested in playing again even though he had fun. Too bad! If ever there was a kid that could develop a great talent for football, it's him. He says he wants to play hockey again. We'll see...I kind of like his permanent teeth where they are!














No comments: