Thursday, May 20, 2010

I just had to journal some funny things that the kids have said/done in the last few days...

We attended Broox's birthday party at Peter Piper the other night. Alex earned about 100 tickets and wanted a whoopie cushion. They were out of them. Then he wanted the blow up sword. They were out of those. So, he settled on a cell phone toy and walked away. A while later, his cousin, Kolby, came back to the table with a nifty straw cup...worth 500 tickets. Alex marched right back up to the toy/ticket counter and told the guy behind the counter, "I want one of those straw cups. You didn't have what I really want, so I think you should give me that straw cup in exchange for this cell phone." Apparently the guy didn't want to argue with him, so Alex walked away with a cool straw cup. Oh the power of Alex's negotiation skills! He has thoroughly enjoyed that cup since Tuesday! I pity the fool that goes up against this kid in court! (I am SO going to get him in law school!)

Aiden brought home all his preschool paperwork today. I'm not sure which book they were studying at the time, but it had something to do with cows. The question at the top of his paper said, "If a cow could talk, he might tell me ____________." And Aiden's reply was, "That he wants a car." I asked him why he said that and he explained, "Because they get tired of walking." Then he drew this funny picture of a cow frowning because he was walking. :)

Aaron and I were out shopping today. When I pulled him out of his car seat I realized that his mouth was dirty. So, of course I licked my thumb and started to clean his face. We went into the store and did our shopping. Then as we were walking back out about 40 minutes later, I feel this tiny wet thumb on my cheek. I look at Aaron and he licks his thumb again and wipes my face with it. I cannot tell you how hard I laughed! I wonder if he even realized why I did it in the first place???!!! From one monkey to another I suppose! ;0)

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Yea for Law school!
Cows get sick of walking? Never thought of it that way!