Friday, May 7, 2010

This and That

Alex is just like his daddy. Often I find "love notes" from Andy in various places around the house. The other night I climbed into bed and I found this note from Alex under my pillow. Andy has been teaching him Russian and so he decided to write the note in Russian. Below is the key that Andy helped him make so that I could translate the letter. Andy said it was all Alex's idea. Awwww. I love my boys so much. Alex can be so thoughtful at times. For my journaling I'll translate the letter. It says (written phonetically): Mom, I love you. Mom you are so good to me. You are beautiful and I love you so much.
The Russian "key".

We are having an interesting time with our Alex these days. I know I've said it before, but he is definitely 6 going on SIXTEEN. He has got enough sass for 10 kids combined. Andy is so good about remaining calm with him when he gets in sass mode. And mommy...let's just say she has some things to work on! After a particularly rough day Andy and I found this note laying on our bed. (I know it's hard to make out the words). It says: Dear Mom and Dad you are very good parents. Dad I'm sorry when I disobey. I love you Mom and Dad. Man I love moments like these when you realize that what you say to them after a time out is sinking in!


I just thought I'd include this one. Alex's teacher gives out a prize when a child reaches 100 AR tests. (This is when you read a book then take a test on it). Alex earned some Bakugans, (which, by the way, are his sole reason for living right now). Without us telling him to, he wrote this cute note on the top of his spelling test to his teacher because he knew she'd see it when she graded it. It says: Thank you Mrs. Iverson for my Bakugans. Awwww. Good boy Alex!

Aaron is such a HAM!

One day I saw this toddler bed sitting out our neighbor's sidewalk. They were getting rid of it, so I asked them if I could have it. The first day Aaron wanted nothing to do with it. He was afraid of it. Then the day we were going to get rid of it he decided he wanted nothing more to do with the crib. All three boys are now in the same room. For the first week it was a major slumber party! Now they all go to sleep relatively quickly. It's so strange to think that our crib is vacant and waiting for another baby to fill it! Can August please come faster???!

Aaron with his Oma and Opa.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh! That little Aaron is so cute! And Alex is so cleaver to think of a key for your love note!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I just posted about all three of mine in the same room. It's quite the experience, isn't it?