Monday, September 19, 2011

Ashten is ONE!...and also 13 months

Well, so as you've noticed, I'm about a month behind on our blog. I will just go ahead and combine 12 and 13 month postings about the baby of our wild bunch, Ashten!

Aaron and Ashten are quickly becoming partners in crime! Here they are hiding under the pool table having a "picnic" with raisins and graham crackers. I hated to disturb them because they were having such a great time!



It took him a while, but he is finally crawling and is SO QUICK! We call him our little spider monkey because a lot of the time he crawls up off his knees in "plank" position. I can NOT believe how fast he can go that way. Several people at church have commented on how fast he is.


LOVE, LOVE this face. As I've stated in previous posts...this is is CHEESE face. Just the other night at dinner he started making this face randomly at the other boys. They laughed and laughed! It didn't take him long to figure out that he was entertaining everyone and he just kept at it! What a clown!


Ashten has quickly realized what a popcycle is and WILL throw a tantrum until he gets one. Nothing gets past this baby!





Random Ashten facts:



He is a very picky eater, still! He still loves to eat baby food...as long as it's warmed up and he can hold a toy to distract him while he eats. When he's not eating baby food, he insists on holding a fork. I help his stab the food and he puts it to his mouth.



He has recently discovered the world outside (as it is only in the low 100's now). Any time the door opens to outside, he RACES to get through it. When I let him play outside he SCREAMS when I bring him back in. He wants to be outside with his brothers, or not...he just wants to be outside. Period. :)



He says, dada, mama, cracker, uh-oh, cah (car), nnnnnnn (no), nigh nigh (signals he's ready for bed!). He is a great sleeper.



He thinks pretty much everything his brothers do is hilarious!



He loves to drive cars around and make "car" noises.



He loves to color and holds the crayon like a big boy would.



Yesterday he took his first steps. YAY!



He still LOVES and cannot sleep with out a blankie. He sucks on it like a binky.



He just discovered his tongue and sticks it out at me constantly, while smiling!



He loves to look at books and turn the pages.



He throws some pretty awesome tantrums for a 13 month old. OH. BOY. More on that to come, I'm sure.



He is starting to get into everything! Empying cabinets is his FAVORITE!


He weighed 21 lbs. 8 oz. and was 30.25 in. long at his one year check up.

No comments: