Friday, September 16, 2011

Firsts

Aaron on his first day of preschool. THAT WAS WEIRD. AND SAD. He seems like such a baby to me still. He was very nervous...and still gets a bit nervous when it comes time to get in the car to drive to preschool. He loves Mrs. Kimmi, but asks me DAILY how many more times he has to go. He always puts up five fingers and says, "This many more times?" When I say, "No. Lots more than that." , he holds up ten fingers and says, "Oh, this many more times?" I say, "No, more than that." And he holds up his ten fingers again and repeats the question. !!!??? The conversation repeats itself word for word at least four more times at which time I say, "Sure, YEP...that many more times to however many fingers he holds up." :) Yeesh. I hope this passes soon...



Aiden on his first day of Kingergarten. I could tell he was nervous in the morning. But, he walked right into class, sat down and started to work. I snapped a few pictures and he went right back to work. I started towards the door and waved. He wouldn't even look at me! (I admit, the tears started flowing here.) The next few weeks following were challenging, as he did NOT want mommy to leave him there. Thank heavens for Mrs. O'Brien who worked out a prize system for him if he would walk into the classroom nicely. We had to continue it at home for one more week. Now he lets his big brother walk him to class. YAY for mommy! Now I get to drop them off at the cafeteria and drive away instead of getting the other littles out of the car and into a stroller to walk him to class.



This was the only picture I snapped of Alex. He was SO panicked that we were going to be late! I'm surprised he smiled at all! We made it to school with lots of time to spare! ...a feat we have yet to accomplish again! OY! (Alex is in 3rd grade this year).



Kolby and Aiden get to be in the same class this year! SO FUN!







BFF's Brady and Aaron at the "Boo Hoo Breakfast" for kindergarten parents.

No comments: