Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Cute Conversation

Yesterday as I was getting ready for the Annual Relief Society Conference, Alex came into the bathroom to talk to me. He saw me in a dress and asked where I was going. I told him that I had a meeting to go to. He said he wanted to come with me. I told him that he couldn't because it was just for girls. "Don'cha guys like boys?" he asked me. I said, "It's not that we don't like boys it's just that sometimes mommies need to get together at meetings to learn how to be better mommies." He thought about that for a minute and said, "So like you learn how to not get mad at kids who make bad choices?" I said, "Yea, kind of." (the wheels still turning in his head). "Or like you learn how to put on makeup better?" I laughed and said, "We might learn about that." He thought again for a minute and said, "Mom, I guess you better go to your meeting", and walked away. And there you have it, mommy does not know how to put on makeup very well! Any tips??? :)

4 comments:

Linda said...

How cute! I love when you can see their wheels turning in their head and then you just know something great and hilarious will come out of their mouths.

Kari said...

You don't need an ounce of help ... what does a little kid know anyway?! My daughter told me I had a big bum the other day and that CERTAINLY can't be true!!!

Anonymous said...

How funny! You don't need any help! Alex is a thinker! Isabelle asks me the craziest questions and I love it! It makes me think!

Kimberly said...

Kids are so funny. Mine innocently insult me all the time so don't feel too bad. What a silly little boy.