Andy volunteered to get breakfast ready for the boys before church this morning so I could finish getting ready. When I think breakfast for the boys it involves a bowl, cheerios, and milk. But oh no! My Andrew is so creative he makes the boys fruit kabobs! Check 'em out! The boys devoured them! Hmmm, mom can never get Aiden to eat like that. Daddies just have that fun extra touch. Andy likes to make everything special for the boys and they love him for it. Sometimes as a stay-at-home mom I get caught up in "just getting things done" so we can move on with the next thing. So honey, here is a shout out to you! Thank you for reminding me to stop and smell the roses. Our men-children aren't going to be little forever, I need to enjoy doing things with them that make their eyes grow big and their smiles beam from ear to ear. I feel so blessed to be married to Andy. He teaches me a lot of things about parenting (through example) that enrich our boys lives and I know that they learn so much more than I could ever teach them because he is their fun, creative, and special daddy. I love you Andrew!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Stopping to smell the roses...
Andy volunteered to get breakfast ready for the boys before church this morning so I could finish getting ready. When I think breakfast for the boys it involves a bowl, cheerios, and milk. But oh no! My Andrew is so creative he makes the boys fruit kabobs! Check 'em out! The boys devoured them! Hmmm, mom can never get Aiden to eat like that. Daddies just have that fun extra touch. Andy likes to make everything special for the boys and they love him for it. Sometimes as a stay-at-home mom I get caught up in "just getting things done" so we can move on with the next thing. So honey, here is a shout out to you! Thank you for reminding me to stop and smell the roses. Our men-children aren't going to be little forever, I need to enjoy doing things with them that make their eyes grow big and their smiles beam from ear to ear. I feel so blessed to be married to Andy. He teaches me a lot of things about parenting (through example) that enrich our boys lives and I know that they learn so much more than I could ever teach them because he is their fun, creative, and special daddy. I love you Andrew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Amie, You are a great Mom! I wish I were more fun for my girls, but I have to get everything else done too. How do I balance it? Fun and functional? I can't seem to find the mix. Mom's have to be that way I think...but I know I could be better, just haven't found the way yet!
I wish I was as fun for my kids as Justin is too. I guess I get in the same rut that involves just getting things accomplished. Those kabobs were making me hungry no wonder the boys chowed them down
So fun...props to Andy. My husband is the same way...although i could do the exact same thing and if dad does it, it's so spectacular...go figure, i guess i kind of like it that way though. Go dads!!!
I agree...dad's have it easy!!:) Kiddies just love anything they do! And you are a GREAT mom, Amie. You are so creative and don't give yourself enough credit. With all you deal with you are just the most amazing woman I know!! PROPS TO YOU!
Your house always looks so fun! Rainbow cakes, street hockey, fruit kabobs. What next? I must be really boring.
What little boy wouldn't love fresh fruit on a "sword", what a fun dad they have. (They also have a great mom)
I believe dads definitely have the leg up in the fun arena!! Krista hit the nail on the head ... moms have to be fun AND functional and sometimes (most of the time) you can't be both at the same time. I wish I could stop to play without feeling like something else was going "undone." You are a great mom who now has a new breakfast weapon up her sleeve ;)
That is soooo true! Dan always seems to come up with the weird creative funny things to do with the kids. I am always too worried about getting things done! The other day Dan made some kind of game of passing the syrup bottle around the table! The kids were in stitches laughing!Thank goodness for Dads! they keep it fun and light! Cute post!
Post a Comment