Monday, February 4, 2008

Snow Tubing

This was the only time Aiden was out of the van. It didn't last very long either.
Alex loved to eat the snow. He carried this large piece of snow around anytime he wasn't tubing. Don't worry moms, I checked to make sure it wasn't yellow. :)


This past weekend we decided to get away, spur of the moment. We drove up to Flagstaff and spent the night so that we could show our boys what real SNOW looks like. We took them to this place with fantastic hills to go tubing down. Aiden was less than thrilled with the cold snow. Mommy and Aiden spent the bulk of the day sitting in the van. But Alex was a trooper! He has a need for SPEED just like his daddy. It was hilarious to watch those two sailing down the hills. The minute they were down the hill, Alex was picking up the tube to climb right back up. I don't know where he gets his energy! Boy was he mad at his brother that we had to leave sooner than planned because Aiden wouldn't stop fussing. Who knew three hours in the freezing cold snow wouldn't be enough for a four year old? Oh boy, I have to explain this one. City Boy Andy needed to flip a U turn because we missed the road turn off for tubing. So without a thought, he doesn't slow down and just flips it. All we heard was this loud CRUNCH as we go trudging into a deep hill of snow. Yep, stuck. SO stuck in fact that I can't even open my door. The boys were so scared because the van was so tipped that they were sitting sideways. I was in panic because I knew that I wasn't going to be much help pushing it out. I thought that we were going to have to dig it out, which would take hours. But, thanks to the Lord who was watching out for us, there was a big truck a ways behind us with towing capabilities who stopped to pull us out. It took the truck pulling and Andy pushing with all of his might to get us out. What an adventure! It really could have turned into a very bad thing, as we would have been stuck there for hours. We are so thankful for the blessings the Lord sends even when we get ourselves into jams that could have been avoided. (Note to Andy: slow down before making a U-turn, especially when you're driving in tons of snow!) :) Oh, it's going to take a while before he lives this one down! I love you honey! Thanks for making our trip so much fun!

8 comments:

Kari said...

Oh, what a fun trip! I'm sure my girls would love to head up to the snow one of these weekends :) Glad to hear you got your van out without any damage .... Your pics are fantastic!

andreamatrix said...

I'm so glad that you got your van out. It could have been a very different trip! What a great pictures!

kimber said...

I've been debating wether we should take Tyler to the snow, or if it would just be more work than it's worth. After hearing about Aiden I'm thinking maybe not. At leaste Alex had a blast.

Kimberly said...

Men!!! I am glad that you were blessed and had some help out. That is a really funny story! Your kids look so cute in the snow.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I'm so jealous! It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! I'm guessing you didn't get to do any tubing with the baby bump in front? I'm glad you guys were able to get your car unstuck too! You should remind Andy that a van is not a 4-wheel drive vehicle ;-)

Anonymous said...

What fun parents you are! That is so funny (now that you aren't stuck anymore) about your van. I could see Ross doing the same thing. Why don't mini-vans have 4-wheel drive? I sure could use it a lot around here these days!

Moss Family said...

AWH! So fun! I have wanted to go to the snow this year...but maybe we will wait, once I saw your van...our car would probably end up on the side of the road too!!! Looks like you guys had fun though!!

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in the snow. If we get another good storm this year, feel free to come and stay with us and play in the snow. The boys would have a blast.