Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Night of Practice...




Last week I watched Lilee for an evening. Andy took Alex to scouts with him, so it was just Aiden, Lilee and I. I was excited to get the chance to see how "life" was going to be when I have a baby to take care of and Aiden (my big baby). Much to my surprise, Aiden was a huge help! At one point Lilee was so tired and started to cry hysterically. I was trying to bounce her and make her happy, but Aiden was so upset that she was crying that he started crying and wanted to be held too! Boy was that interesting with a HUGE belly in the way. To distract them both, I put them in the tub together. The two of them thought this was absolutely hilarious! Lilee would kick, kick, kick and splash water out of the baby tub into the big tub and Aiden would laugh and laugh. Then it was his turn to splash and it made her laugh. They had the best time. After I took Lilee out, Aiden climbed into the baby tub and thought it was the coolest thing ever! After baths, Aiden kept wanting to feed Lilee her bottle. He hovered over her for the longest time making sure she had her bottle when she wanted it. Awwwww, I'm excited for Aaron to be here. Maybe the transition won't be as hard on Aiden as I thought it would be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have god times and sad times with the transition but you can do it, you are one of the best mommy's ever

Kari said...

Always the unexpected bringing home a new baby ;) I'm sure your transition will go well. I know Cougar is STILL smothered on a daily basis!!

Kimberly said...

So cute that he wanted to be your big helper! You are so close to having Aaron! Wish I was there to help you out! Good luck with everything.E-mail if you need to vent or get some verbal moral support!