Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Teaching Moments for Mommy
Yesterday Alex and Aiden were playing a game in the back yard while I finished dinner. All of the sudden Aiden started crying and Alex ran in to tell me that he accidentally hit him in the head with a rock. Nice. After checking for blood, (there wasn't any) I held Aiden to comfort him for a minute while explaining to Alex that throwing rocks up in the air like "helicopters" (that was what he called it) wasn't the best idea. To which he replied, "Well mommy, it's a good thing Heavenly Father is always watching out for us. Aiden really could have been hurt by that rock." That reply brought a smile to my face. Ah, the simple testimonies of children. I am certain that is why Heavenly Father asks us to become as little children. They simply believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
They say the cutest stuff just to stay out of trouble I'm totally convinced. :)
Rochelle
What a sweet story - I love when I get to see my kids "get" it!!
I would have to agree with Rochelle, but I still love the things these kiddos come up with.
Kids are so innocent most of the time and I love those stories when they remind you what it is all about!
i figure if my kids are thinking about it..even if it is to stay out of trouble..i'll take it. it teaches/reminds us and gives us yet another opportunity to teach them!
We have to have cute moments like this to make up for all those crazy moments we have with them too.
Post a Comment