Thursday, September 25, 2008

Camping

We went camping last weekend up near Payson in the Tonto National Forest. I have to admit, I was being a bit of a Negative Nancy regarding this trip. I pictured screaming, whining children all night long while we froze our tushes off. Andy was sure it would be an awesome time... I finally agreed to go so that his yearning for mountain air could be satisfied. ;) (mostly so that I wouldn't have to hear about it anymore!) Ha! Well, I was proven wrong. After the children stopped bouncing off the walls from the smores and settled into their sleeping bags, everyone slept pretty well and we had a great time cooking pancakes and eggs for breakfast and going fishing. Alex actually caught an 11 in. rainbow trout. It was the highlight of the trip. He caught it very quickly and was screaming so loud with excitement that we think he scared away all the other fish within 50 miles. No one else caught anything. But, a trip wouldn't be a trip without my dear "Accident Andy" breaking or spraining some part of his legs. As we got ready to load the last of the camping gear he jumped off a small (very small) ledge and landed on a rock wrong, which sprained his ankle very badly. This week has been full of all kinds of appointments to make sure the ankle isn't broken. We still don't know. If anyone hears of a bubble for sale, let me KNOW! I would love to purchase one for Andy to live in! Pour guy...I love to tease him. But honestly, he could stub his toe on a Q-tip! Don't worry...he knows I LOVE him anyway! :) (I spared you the pictures of his purple club foot).




Excited to be out of the car smelling the pines!




Snuggled in the tent.It's COLD! Where's the baby??? Aaron slept soundly with a pile of blankets on him!Aiden eating a yummy wilderness breakfast.The boys cooken' up some grub for the lady (me)!I scared all the fish away!Aiden watching daddy gut the fish. Alex thought it was gross, Aiden thought it was interesting.Touching the slimy fish...
All snuggled in the bassinet with camping hair.

5 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Looks like fun! I've always been way nervous to go camping with kids. I don't like camping all that much as it is, but with kids...that's a whole 'nother ball game. Good for you guys! You make it look fun!

Rochelle said...

What a cool trip! We've been itching to go, but I haven't wanted to take my little Tannon because I'm afraid he won't sleep. Plus...I hate being cold.
I laughed so hard about your Andy stubbing his toe on a Q-tip. He wouldn't be Andy if he wasn't limping. :)

The Becker Bunch said...

I LURVE the picture of you in it...you look HOT!! Dang girl!! What a fun "trip"...literally for Andy!! :)

mph said...

Alex is just the superamazing kid! He can catch big fish and hike huge distances!! Wow!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

CD Black said...

Ok, now I have to load up the boys and go camping! My boys could use some fresh air and some time out in the woods.