Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Quick Funny

On Saturday Andy took the boys grocery shopping. Alex saw a Hispanic man stocking an isle and whispered to Andy, "Dad, that man looks like he speaks Mexican. Can I say Hi to him?" Andy said that was fine so Alex walked up to the man and said, "Hola, Amigo!" The man said, "Que tal?" (I think that means what's up). Alex just stared at the man for a minute and said, "I have no idea what you just said"...and turned around and walked away. And I had no idea Alex could speak Mexican. :0)

Then the other day Alex told me I was beautiful because I looked just like Hannah Montana. Mmmm, let's think about it...puffy, long hair. Nope. A beanpole. Nope. Young and in my teenage years. Definitely nope. Lot's of makeup. Nope (what is makeup anyway?). I wonder if he knows what Hannah Montana even looks like...Oh well, at least he thinks I'm beautiful!

5 comments:

Sara & Jess Phillips said...

That is too funny and Alex is very confident to just walk up to a stranger like that and want to start a conversation. Don't ya love boys...

andreamatrix said...

When I think of Hannah Montana I think...gosh she looks just like Amie!

Linda said...

That is so hilarious! What a kid. I especially love the "mexican" and telling him "I have no idea what you just said to me." ha ha ha ha.

Elise and Dan said...

hahaha! gotta love kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness thqt is funny about Alex speaking Mexican! How stinkin sweet is Alex to tell you you are beautiful! I agree with him!