Monday, September 15, 2008

For the Sake of Journaling!

WARNING! Extremely picture heavy content...you may not be able to finish all the posts in one sitting! :) But, like I said, it's for the sake of journaling!

So about a month ago Alex accidentally left the hatch open on the back of the van and I didn't see it and tried to open the garage door. "Tried" being the operative word. The two doors collided and made a horrible crunching noise. There is now a dent in the back of our van and we are the proud owners of a new garage door. (Just when you think you're doing well in the finance department! :(
Before HOA had a fit we painted the garage door the correct color. Here are our little helpers!


10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sorry to hear about the wreckage. Holy blogging Batman, though! I swear I JUST looked the other day and now there are like 6 new posts! I will never keep up. You have such a good lookin' family and your always up to something. I am glad I get to be a part of it through blogging!

Meghan said...

Ahh the hidden joys of being a parent! isn't it great? :)

Rochelle said...

Funny story! I asked Jayden to close the door to the garage (the house door) one day and he closed the GARAGE DOOR...when my van tailgate was open. Just a scratch was all the damage, but still.. I completely understand the frustration with crumpled metal. NOT FUN! At least you guys made up for it by painting and letting the boys help.

CD Black said...

I'm glad to see you let the boys help. You can always just go over what they did when they get bored and walk away. It stinks that you had to buy a new door. Luckily this month only my curling gave out. But you never know what next month will bring!

Roxy Dozier said...

I love all the posts!! Keep em coming. What a great mom. I love to see your family, you guys seem like every day is an adventure. Good for you!

mph said...

I enjoyed this post and the one before it with your boys helping you wash your van. It was a good reminder for me that I should worry less about what kind of job my kids do when they try to help and worry more about teaching them a work ethic at a young age.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man, I hate when things like that happen. I like to leave my keys in the van with the dvd on all night and then run the battery down...tikes. What fun to paint together. I am impressed that you let them help, my girls would have made a huge mess!

Liz G. said...

Funny story. Sorry about the garage door though. One day you'll laugh about this - maybe in ten years!

Castle Family said...

Hi, this is a friend of Andy's-we grew up together. I'm glad to find your blog, I was wondering about your family :) Your kids are so cute!! You'll have to tell him Sherri says hello!

Castle Family said...

I just realized that you have Kim and Dave Tait on your friends list...they're friends of ours too:) small world!