Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Little Chef




Aiden has recently discovered his niche in life! He has become my little helper in the kitchen. The MINUTE he sees me getting out pots or ingredients I hear the kitchen chair being drug across the floor up to the counter and there he is, ready for action. Cooking dinner takes twice as long now because my little helper HAS to measure, dump, stir and sprinkle. I tried to get out the dinner stuff quietly tonight...but alas my kitchen helper came running from the playroom to help. Here are pics of some of the fun. One is when we made banana bars together for breakfast and another is of Aiden helping me make "fiesta bake" for dinner. Pretty soon he'll be teaching me a thing or two in the kitchen!

12 comments:

CD Black said...

It is fun to have help in the kitchen, but time consuming! I love the look of your blog. Are you ready for school? I AM!

Roxy Dozier said...

Kitchen helpers are the best! I have helpers with dishes, talk about wet times!

The Becker Bunch said...

What a cute little guy...great way to channel all that energy!!:) He looks so much like you now...just adorable!!

Rochelle said...

Its easy to keep kitchen helpers entertained too!!!!!!!!!!!1

Linda said...

Your such a good mommy to let him help so much . . . I'm not so nice because I just want to get it done and have no messes! Love the new background and header picture, by the way. Who took that picture? It's precious.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

It's so great that he loves to help you out! Hopefully he holds onto that trait for when he is older - heck - then you can just let him do the cooking all by himself!! He's such a cutie pie!

Elise and Dan said...

I have two kitchen helpers in my house! But, then it usually leads to, "don't push me! I want to help first! and then a big waaahhh!!" I can only handle one helper in the kitchen! You have one cute little helper though! You are just doing your part for future wives! =)

Donna said...

I love the faces he makes when he smiles at the camera. So cute! Good for Aiden for wanting to help instead of whining at your feet, "is it done yet?!"

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Whenever my girls "help" me on the kitchen it seems to take twice as long to prep and three times as long to clean up...but they love it!

:) said...

So did you get all of the cereal out of your carpet? Very nice mommy, letting him help by the way.

mph said...

I admire your patience! It is so much easier to do things ourselves, but then our kids don't learn how to do it. You have inspired me!

Tiffany said...

Your boys are soo stinkin cute!! It's fun to find your blog-I'm gona stick it on mine ok? hope ya'll are all well-Tiff Joyner