Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nerves

I can't believe that the time has come for my Alex to go to Kindergarten! I've been looking forward to this time since he was about three...and now that it's here I can't SLEEP I'm so sad about it! I'm so nervous for him. All of these worries are pouring through my head; what if he can't unbutton his shorts in time? What if he can't get his oranges opened at lunch? What if he can't get his drink box straw in? What if he doesn't listen and sit still like he needs to? What if his feelings get hurt and he needs a hug? What if he gets frustrated while doing handwriting and cries? What if our "best buddy" relationship changes and he doesn't let me kiss him in public anymore? What am I going to do when it's the afternoon and Aiden and Aaron are sleeping and I have no one to play "Guess Who" with? What am I going to do when I'm nursing Aaron and Aiden is dumping out an entire bottle of soap onto the bathroom rug? I'll have no one to stop him...Ok, so I'll admit it! I'm not only scared for my baby to fend for himself all day long, but I'm scared for ME to have to fend for myself all day long! Alex has been my eyes and ears and conversation buddy for a LONG time now. I'm going to miss you Alex! Good luck! I hope I make it through the day without you!

7 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Ok, you are worrying me! I was just talking to Dan last night that I can't believe Abree will be in Kindergarten NEXT year, and I'm already sad! What will I be like this time next year? Probabaly feeling just like you- or maybe worse! They gotta grow up, huh? =(

Anonymous said...

I understand how you are feeling! Does Alex have all day Kindergarten? Tessa had only 1/2 day so it has broken me in for 1st grade, but I am going to miss her. I really like having her home with me. She is SO helpful! You will probably cry his first day, then you will see how nice it is to only have two at home and to run errands with!!! Hold it together for him though so he doesn't think you are sad that might make him not want to go and that could be bad....Belle misses the Kindergarten cut off by 7 days so I get her for another year-yikes!

The Becker Bunch said...

Oooooooooh...I am tearing up here...I've been thinking about this all morning!! We should do soemthing FUN today or tomorrow or something...just to take your mind off of it!! We could all go walk and pick him up this afternoon with baloons or something...or is that not kewl?! :)

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Amie,
I hope Alexs' first day of Kindergarten was wonderful. I say when both of your boys are asleep, take a nap!
How are you doing? I miss seeing your smiling face!

Rochelle said...

I know what you mean, you do miss them! I'm so excited that Jayden is in 1st grade now! My day goes smoother and no FIGHTING KIDS!!!

Liz G. said...

I hope your day is great. I thought about you as I was lying in bed last night. What a big day- life changing for everyone. I know we always talk about how we're excited for our boys to be in school, but when it comes right down to it, I find myself fighting back tears. . .

Donna said...

Ooh this makes me sad. I know I'll feel exactly the same as you when my Aidan goes next year. He is SO ready already, but he helps me SO much with Tanner. I hope this year goes by slow!!